Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tension Screws 
 Post subject: Tension Screws
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:13 am 

I have a paddle holster for a Taurus 85. I love the hoslster except for the fact that it has a Chicago-style tension screw that seems to never be tight enough to hold itself whereit needs to be. At some point every few months, the screw comes loose and the little rubber washer falls out.
Has anyone ever tried Loc-tite or a similar product on the screw so that it holds it's tension better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:10 am 
Longtime Regular

That is how I would fix it.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 am 
1911 tainted

I have used clear finger nail polish on things, including sight screws to keep them in place.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: polish
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:42 am 

Many years ago when my wife first saw the bottle of clear fingernail polish, and the baby-wipes in my range bag she shook her head and said, "I don't want to know". The blue Loctite works great on holster screws, also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Do tell Don, what's the secret behind the baby wipes? Is this a super secret leading remover?

Post subject: baby wipes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 am 

A bottle of baby wipes comes in handy when shooting at an outdoor range, or other places where water isn't available. A woman I was in a class with at Gunsite tought me that one. Myself, and the 19 other guys in the class were nodding our heads saying "Wow-good idea!". I've kept some in my range bag ever since. The first time I bought some after I got back, as my wife was unpacking the bags, she held the bottle up (we don't have kids) and asked, "Is there something I need to know?" She didn't buy my explanation at first! Tom T. does a slight variation of the same thing. He uses the individually wrapped handi-wipes for all of the students in his MN FAS classes.

Last edited by DonL on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: baby wipes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Ha. I use baby wipes to wipe down the interior of my truck from time to time as well as clean dirty hands. Since I buy them in bulk (big boxes of Parents Choice baby wipes at Walmart), they're much cheaper than branded special purpose wet wipes and always useful. I keep mine in zip lock freezer bags.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.