Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Walther P99 Holster 
 Post subject: Walther P99 Holster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:42 am 

Son #2 is looking for a belt holster - OWB - to fit his Walther P99 .40 cal. I tried the search function but came up dry.

Other than the generic Uncle Mike's stuff, what might be available and affordable?

I'm not certain of his intent or desire to conceal; he's taken the carry permit class but, as far as I know, does not yet have his permit.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have been thinking about picking up a form for a P99. If your looking for one, I can buy the form and make the holster for you.

Thank you.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:30 am 

Srigs:

I don't know if he's ready to buy a custom holster just yet. I'm surely not going to buy one for him! :-)

I'll mention it to him as a possibility, though. Thanks!

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:33 am 
Longtime Regular

JonnyB wrote:
Srigs:

I don't know if he's ready to buy a custom holster just yet. I'm surely not going to buy one for him! :-)

jb

Just a note, srigs custom holster pricing is competitive with or lower than what good brand name leather (Galco, Bianchi) will cost you.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Test fit one sized for a XD or for an HK - the P99 seems to have the same blocky shape to it.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 am 

If kydex is OK, I recommend <a href="http://www.comp-tac.com">comp-tac</a> to everybody who asks. They're my first stop for a holster on every pistol I buy.

Their settable cant OWB model fit my P99 perfectly and gives me all the options I'd ever want for outside the waistband carry. Their slide option, when available, also works great. I've got a settable cant slide for my 1911.

They've always been within a couple weeks for shipping instead of 6-50 weeks for most leather makers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:54 am 

JonnyB wrote:
Srigs:

jb

I just bought an Srigs IWB for my sub-compact XD40 3", and haven't looked back. It isn't expensive, less than $60 (and that includes shipping), it's custom, and extremely well-built. Just my $.02, but I highly recommend Srigs!! At least check out his site!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:51 am 

I have a Bianchi leather pancake holster and a Fobus paddle designed for the Walther P99....like new.....will sell both for $35

Post subject: Re: Walther P99 Holster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:45 am 

JonnyB wrote:
Son #2 is looking for a belt holster - OWB - to fit his Walther P99 .40 cal. I tried the search function but came up dry.

Other than the generic Uncle Mike's stuff, what might be available and affordable?

I'm not certain of his intent or desire to conceal; he's taken the carry permit class but, as far as I know, does not yet have his permit.

jb

I have a Bianchi 7L holster for my P99 A/S - got it from Midway USA. Galco also makes the Fletch holster for the P99

THE Best FN Forum!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.