Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Crossbreed Supertuck 
 Post subject: Crossbreed Supertuck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:57 am 

Anyone have any experience/opinions on these holsters? I am looking at getting one for my XD.
Their website is http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html

They look pretty slick, and perfect for how I want to carry, just wondering if anyone has one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:39 am 
Longtime Regular

I carry a P7-M13 in one and it's just about perfect.

The kydex holds the gun very securely and the leather backer molds to the body and spreads the load so well you forget you're wearing it. People who know I carry know to look for the J hooks, but anyone else has no clue I am carrying, even with a white shirt.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 am 

Selurcspi wrote:

The kydex holds the gun very securely and the leather backer molds to the body and spreads the load so well you forget you're wearing it. People who know I carry know to look for the J hooks, but anyone else has no clue I am carrying, even with a white shirt.

nice ive searched around and seen quite a few really good reviews, might have to pick one of these up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:00 pm 

Selurcspi wrote:

+1 on the Supertuck. They're one of the few places that could actually make a holster for my Walther PPS when it first came out, so I ended up buying it.

I do have one minor complaint though. The leather when it comes is so stiff that it's very uncomfortable to wear without a shirt between it and you. I'm working on softening up the edges, and using leather conditioner to try and soften it up a bit. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Other than that, it's a fantastic holster and very nicely conceals my firearm. Once I adjusted it for a forward cant, no one at all knows I'm carrying. Not sure that its worth the $100 price tag, but its definitely a nice holster.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:30 pm 

nmat wrote:
Selurcspi wrote:

+1 on the Supertuck. They're one of the few places that could actually make a holster for my Walther PPS when it first came out, so I ended up buying it.

I do have one minor complaint though. The leather when it comes is so stiff that it's very uncomfortable to wear without a shirt between it and you. I'm working on softening up the edges, and using leather conditioner to try and soften it up a bit. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Other than that, it's a fantastic holster and very nicely conceals my firearm. Once I adjusted it for a forward cant, no one at all knows I'm carrying. Not sure that its worth the $100 price tag, but its definitely a nice holster.

Just ordered mine for $75 after shipping

Post subject: Re: Crossbreed Supertuck
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:56 pm 

atripp wrote:
Anyone have any experience/opinions on these holsters? I am looking at getting one for my XD.
Their website is http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html

They look pretty slick, and perfect for how I want to carry, just wondering if anyone has one.

I have one I use when I am not at work (Smart Carry there). It fits all my classic SIGs, so I don't need multiple holsters for them.

A few weeks ago, I did my own version of his Combat Grip: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/options.html. I couldn't get a decent grip because the leather conformed to me a little too well, i.e. it rolled with my roll; it also interfered with reholstering my SIGs as the leather caught on the slide lock. A smaller person might not need that cutaway.

I haven't yet noticed any discomfort, but the weather has been mild. This may (or may not) change as the heat rises. I think it is a good product at a good price, especially with two weeks to test it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:07 pm 
First-time poster

I carry my full size 1911 in my Supertuck. Excellent holster. I don't even notice it when I carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:10 pm 

I notice that the bottom portion of the barrel and the front sight is exposed. Any issues with this catching on clothing or rusting due to perspiration during warm months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:23 pm 
Journeyman Member

This looks like a holster, Il''ll have to check out.

I am using a "Mag-Jic" holster presently for my XD9 and like it alot. They are made locally in Maple Plain by Pistol Packaging, Inc.

Post subject: Back to the top
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:36 am 

lumbering.buffalo wrote:
I notice that the bottom portion of the barrel and the front sight is exposed. Any issues with this catching on clothing or rusting due to perspiration during warm months?

I was wondering if anybody to has one can answer my question? I have a blued P7.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:46 pm 

lumbering.buffalo wrote:

So far I have noticed neither snagging nor rusting on any of my carried pieces.

Even though the barrel extends beyond the kydex, it is still protected from body contact by the leather backer. My holster is cut for a P228; when I carry a P220, the barrel does extend a little beyond the edge of the leather. I have seen no problems, yet.

I will be using it at a 4-day class in June. If I remember, I will report back on how it holds up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:37 pm 

Just got it. First impressions is, this thing is going to be perfect. Fits perfectly, easy to draw. Just need to break it in a bit to get it to curve to my body. Ill write something up after it gets broken in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:39 pm 
The Man

Cool. In theory, it sounds like the best of both worlds -- I'm one of those folks who can't tolerate hard plastic being pressed up against my side for very long.

One for a big revolver where the cylinder rides just above the top of the belt would be a strong temptation.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 am 

The thing about this holster is that it has the perfect cant to it and the perfect amount of retention from the kydex. It seems that after the leather is broken in that it will be the best IWB holster i have found. I walked around my apartment with it and said to both my roomates, "Do you notice anthing?" and they were like "what are you talking about?" It holds it so that only the last inch or so of the slide is above my waist plus the grip of the gun, which is exactly what i was looking for. With the clips i have, which are just the stock clips (no j-hooks or anything fancy) I can also easily just pull it off and put it away when needed. This thing is nice, now just to break it in a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am 

My $0.02. I have worked with Mark at crossbreed a bit great guy. I wear one of his supertuck holsters often. It is GREAT! I set mine up with a v-clip on the back and a j-clip on the front (velcro on my belt doesn't come all the way forward). You can have a peek below. I'm using the extended mags on my XD in the photos to show that you can hide a mac truck with this thing, and it IS very comfortable.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w104.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/carguy4471/f7d0be8c.pbw" height="360" width="480"><a href="http://i104.photobucket.com/redirect/album?action=slideshow&landing=/slideshows&type=111" target="_blank">

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.