Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 HELP! I need a springfield XD level 2 duty holster ASAP! 
 Post subject: HELP! I need a springfield XD level 2 duty holster ASAP!
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:13 pm 

Thanks for looking! I'm trying to hunt down a level 2 (or better) duty holster for my XD 9mm 4" service. And I can't find one! I've tried all the places I know about, so I could use your help to see if maybe someone has one used they would be willing to sell/rent/loan, or if someone knows where I might be able to pick one up by monday. So far I've tried, Bills, Streicher's, and a few misc sporting good stores. No luck.

I'm in a rush because I just took a job where I need a level 2 or better. Training is on monday, and I took it because I thought Streicher's would have one in stock because they had a few in just a month or two ago. And everyone has glock's right? Well I guess there must have been a sale, because Streicher's is ALL sold out of EVERY level 2 or better, no matter what style or trim!

I know its high hopes to see if I can find something before or on monday. But I figured if anyone could help, you guys could. Any tips/hints/places to call/etc.. would be great!

Thanks a ton everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:31 pm 
On time out

I don't want to drift the thread when you are in need of something so fast, but could you use another weapon that is more likely to have a duty level holster, I have a 5906 and beretta 96, I am sure others might have glocks or sigs that you could "trade" if training will allow it,
IF your training officer is going to demand you carry what you train with, I am not sure what else I can do to help....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:59 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I am unsure of what all is needed. I have the requirements of needing: Level 2 or better holster, and mil spec gun (Just means a gun that will be semi-auto, and will fire with out the magazine).

I hunted down a SERPA holster. I am thinking I could pass it as a level 2. (serpa switch, and the retention screw)

I don't much past that other than be at training at 1530 in plain clothes... lol.

Thanks very much for the offer! I am unsure as of right now what they will require, but that is a good idea! I may try to pass the serpa, and just carry that until a duty holster can be shipped in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:23 pm 
On time out

Most of the pages I looked at list the sherpa as a level 2 holster, so maybe print one out and keep that with as evidence of good faith.

Both of the pistols I offered have mag disconnects, so that would not work.

Keep us informed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
Most of the pages I looked at list the sherpa as a level 2 holster, so maybe print one out and keep that with as evidence of good faith.

Both of the pistols I offered have mag disconnects, so that would not work.

Keep us informed....

Serpa is indeed level 2 from every catalog and listing I've ever seen.

Your Beretta has a mag disconnect? My 92FS does not, and they are the same platform...in fact, the manual makes it very clear that the gun will fire minus the magazine. Interesting!

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:07 pm 
On time out

Beretta made many different mods to different models depending on PD requirements. Mine is a traditional DA/SA but it has a decocker, not a safety and a mag disconnect. Its a 96 Centurion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
Beretta made many different mods to different models depending on PD requirements. Mine is a traditional DA/SA but it has a decocker, not a safety and a mag disconnect. Its a 96 Centurion.

Very interesting! I know there are different varieties, I just didn't know one had the disconnect feature.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HELP! I need a springfield XD level 2 duty holster ASAP!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 am 
Longtime Regular

djyox wrote:
Thanks for looking! I'm trying to hunt down a level 2 (or better) duty holster for my XD 9mm 4" service. And I can't find one! I've tried all the places I know about, so I could use your help to see if maybe someone has one used they would be willing to sell/rent/loan, or if someone knows where I might be able to pick one up by monday. So far I've tried, Bills, Streicher's, and a few misc sporting good stores. No luck.

I'm in a rush because I just took a job where I need a level 2 or better. Training is on monday, and I took it because I thought Streicher's would have one in stock because they had a few in just a month or two ago. And everyone has glock's right? Well I guess there must have been a sale, because Streicher's is ALL sold out of EVERY level 2 or better, no matter what style or trim!

I know its high hopes to see if I can find something before or on monday. But I figured if anyone could help, you guys could. Any tips/hints/places to call/etc.. would be great!

Thanks a ton everyone!

Then my question is ,do you have a Serpa for your XD. If you need one of those let me know and you could borrow mine. It has been cut down in length for my sub compact XD but it would not be noticeable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Try giving KEEPRS a call. Two locations I think.

http://www.keeprs.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:31 pm 

Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up getting the serpa, and I think it will be just fine for this job.

Thanks again!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

djyox wrote:
Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up getting the serpa, and I think it will be just fine for this job.

Thanks again!!!!!

Glad it worked out and the forum is a wealth of information.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.