Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Been looking for a holster....... 
 Post subject: Been looking for a holster.......
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

.....for my SA M1911A1.

The 'problem' I seem to have is, I don't like the looks or feel of the ones I've checked out at gun shops in person.

I don't like the idea of IWB, but I also don't like how 'big' most of the OWB or SOB holsters are.

I've considered getting a 'Yaqui' style holster, but have yet to actually try one out at a gun shop.

So, while perusing a few handgun forums this morning, I ran across this website and found 'The Beltster'.

Anyone here have/had/used one? How is it?

Just for grins, I took my M1911A1, ejected the mag, cleared the chamber, and tucked it in my belt like shown in the pictures on that site. Granted, my way isn't exactly like it shows in the pictures, but I wanted to get a feel for how it'd work. I did a few practice draws out in the back yard and also did some work around the yard for a couple hours with it 'strapped on'. It was comfortable :shock: , fully accessible and stayed tucked tight against my body. 8)

About the only thing I didn't do is, jump in the pickup while wearing it........and that's only 'cuz my wife 'stole' the truck for a couple hours to go help the daughter move some things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:32 pm 
Wise Elder

My 1911 does just fine in an IWB from Comp-Tac. The C-T.A.C. model. I like the holster so much that I have three (for different guns).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Let me know what your looking for and I can make one for you if you want. Check out my site below. It might even turn into a new model. :D

I might even have The Slide in stock for a 5" 1911A1. Let me know. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 am 
Longtime Regular

I was considering a beltster and asked about it here:
http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... t=beltster

General consensus: There's no retention. A good leather holster (IWB / OWB) provides retention by being well formed and / or having a retention strap. The beltster has very little area to do this and from what people said doesn't really. I'd be a bit nervous about it.

If you do get one, let us know what you think.

I tried a IWB versatile cant holster for a 1911.
http://plblark.pihost.us/tcc/number%200 ... 0_2772.JPG

The idea was to make it so I could change the ride height and cant as well as spreading the contact points of the holster around. The leather literally molds itself to how you wear it.

It works out pretty well. Unfortunately, when buying the clips, they're ~$20 a set unless you do a group buy. I have the prototype around the house and would be willing to loan it out if you want to give it a try.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.