Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Help me decide 
 Post subject: Help me decide
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:58 pm 

I'm ready to get a second holster. I current have a UBG Striker that I am very comfortable with. The only problem is that for extended periods, it will move a little bit and it grabs the belt so hard that it never moves back.

So, I'm looking to add an IWB with a single attachment point on the theory that certain situations will be more comfortable if the holster has a little more freedom to move around and adjust.

I'm debating between the quick clip and the tuck clip from sideguard holsters. Is there any reason I wouldn't want the tuckable?

I keep thinking a tuckable would be nice because it seems the best chance to be made is if I bend down to pick something up or someone brushes by me and my shirt gets caught by the end of the grip and doesn't fall back down to cover.

I want this made for a trip to the ren fest where guns aren't friendly and its HOT so I don't usually wear layers or quick clothes so I need to order in a hurry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

I use a tuck-able, but have found that I don't use that feature anymore.

I just wear a T-shirt, or sleeveless undershirt, with a golf shirt (or any shirt) over. I'll even just wear a T-shirt and tuck it in all around, except the area of the IWB holster. No one has ever "discovered" my gun (or imprint) when I covered it in this manner. 8)

It works good on a motorcycle that way, in that the shirt doesn't open up and expose the carry gun. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have the Tuck Clip. The holster itself is excellent, but I didn't find the clip to be secure enough on the thick belt I have, so I messed around with "improving" it until I broke it. Srigs was kind enough to replace the clip with a snap; I'd get the snap if I were ordering again.

I also ordered mine with more cant than the original design, and this turned out to be a mistake, too, as it put the belt loop too far behind the gun, so it was too easy to pull the whole holster out of your pants if your belt wasn't really cranked down tight. Srigs took care of this for me, too, but the cure consisted of sewing much of the holster-to-belt-loop strut to the main body of the holster, which eliminated most of the shirt-tucking slot. I have worn it tucked, though, and it worked fine. Bottom line, it's much more secure than either the Clipdraw or the cheap Bianchi suede belt-clip IWB I'd used before.

Mine's for a Ruger SP101 revolver which makes a pretty substantial lump under the belt; I think this would be an even better holster for an auto.

Like a lot of people, I don't think I've quite yet found the perfect balance between quick access, concealment and comfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:36 pm 

I have a Holster that Srigs did for me a year or two ago and I use it everyday, I can't remember which one of his designs it was? Maybe he can chime in..... It was made for my Glock and I have to say out of all the holsters that I have purchased this is the one that I always go to, stays put, fits correct and has great retention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:48 pm 

OK, so it sounds like the downside is that the tuckable might be a little too sloppy.

I owe Srigs a phone call to get this ordered anyway so I'll have to pick his brain then if he doesn't chime in here. He's going to have to borrow my Sig 239 I think - I don't see it on his gun list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Tuck Clip is for people who do like to tuck in the gun under the shirt. I don't care for tuckables but it works for many people (customers are always right ;) ).

The Quick Clip is a perfect re-enforced mouth holster that works great for a single attachment point that you can still re-holster one handed. My father-in-law used it one for his Taurus 605 in 11 o clock position.

Drop me a line and we can talk.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.