Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shoulder holster for S&W 642 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm 

Have the Alessi bodyguard and wear it when I expect to be sitting/driving for any length of time.

I'm not that crazy about shoulder rigs but this is the best I've ever seen. No question, you wait for all of Lou's products, but I long ago decided when it comes to gun leather, I might as well have the best.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:13 am 
Journeyman Member

I usually only carry my Colts in the winter. It moves from the Berns-Martin to a pocket holster in my deck coat when I get out of the car. I usually wear my SIG P229 in appendix IWB. It's not totally useful when buried under all those clothes.

I also have a Null inverted model that is a parallel arrangement for a Kahr P9. I fasten that pocket clip back to the shoulder strap. It's way more secure that way compared to putting it on the waist band of trousers at the back. I don't use it much but if I did, I'd have my shoemaker sew it that way.

Some of this stuff you can probably borrow from your friends to try it out.

Regards, Porkie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Porkie, do you have any pictures that would illustrate what you're describing?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.