Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lakeville & Dakota County Drug Task Force? 
 Post subject: Lakeville & Dakota County Drug Task Force?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Anyone hear anything about this? The accused, Joe Franco, has quite the web site.

http://www.lakevillesucks.bravehost.com/

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

I am so confused. His wesite did not help.

Was he making meth or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm guessing he was no more guilty of making meth than the average handloader is guilty of making bombs, despite the modest amount of "bomb making supplies" in their reloading room.

Chemistry equipment doesn't necessarily equal meth lab, nor does it equal "child endangerment".

If we're expected to give these police agencies the benefit of the doubt for their outrageous/borderline illegal behavior, shouldn't we expect similar courtesy for our behavior that *isn't* outrageous/borderline illegal?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Nitromethane . . . I can think of some reasons to have some of that around, mostly involving gas tanks and vehicle speed. Seems like some gas powered remote control cars use it too.

I don't know. . . looks like a mess .. . looks like they bought a fixer-upper. . . . and it looks like there are elements of the warrant executed there that will be helpful in my case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

He claims to have possessed no meth precursors, and have no meth residue anywhere in his house.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Looking here:

http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDetail ... =760516380

Meth charges aside, Mr. Franco was sentenced on Friday 07/24/2008 for

2nd Degree Assault
Possession of a controlled substance

He may not have been manufacturing or preparing to manufacture, but he certainly ain't a saint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:29 pm 
On time out

I have heard a bit about this case. while he was no saint, he was clearly not the loose cannon that the lakeville PD tried to make him out to be.

From my understanding, the second degree assault resulted from them arresting him on meth charges, and him trying to prove there was no meth..... a friend who has knowledge says this whole thing stinks.....and he generally works from the LE side of things. The biggest problem is the refusal of the defendant to accept qualified legal help. Had he done so, he could have claimed that anything discovered was inadmissible because there were serious errors in the search warrant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
The biggest problem is the refusal of the defendant to accept qualified legal help. Had he done so, he could have claimed that anything discovered was inadmissible because there were serious errors in the search warrant.

I have often said, when someone tells me that they can't afford an attorney:

"You can't afford NOT to have one."

I've also met several people who were definitely "way too smart" to need an attorney. They are either: sitting in prison; or trying to figure out how to pay for the judgments against them; or wondering why their kids live with mom. :shock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.