Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 This one's not so sad 
 Post subject: This one's not so sad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:50 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

"An Egg Harbor Township police officer has admitted having sex with a prostitute in a motel room while on duty and in uniform."

Link

This one was a 23-year veteran.

I'm not sympathetic towards this one's career ending. He certainly knew better.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wait, he couldn't have been completely in uniform the whole time, right?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

:)

It's been said before, and it will be said again...

"This is my rifle, this is my gun..."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

Well, they say power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. But in this case, who really has the power?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:58 pm 
On time out

ok. I have a problem with this. I really do.

He basically commits a misdemeanor and loses 23 years of accrued pension. Other guys are committing felony battery, attempted murder etc. And get medals and promotions?!?

Yeah he should have known better but getting a hummer from a working girl is far less damaging to the trust issue that almost killing the wrong people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:

I agree. The punishment exceeds the crime by a large margin.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:

Why?

Quote:
He basically commits a misdemeanor and loses 23 years of accrued pension.

For someone that holds us to a higher standard, LEOs should be held to the absolute HIGHEST standard. And if they screw the pooch they should lose all their pension if not a pretty sizable chunk of it.

Once they start cutting us "breaks" for "misdemeanor DUI", or "misdemeanor burglary" or "misdemeanor shoplifting"... hell, they can turn a blind eye to a non "gold carded" "civilian" doing 25mph over the limit and maybe then there can be talk of "leeway".

Not an inch until then.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:40 pm 
The Man

1911fan wrote:

He basically commits a misdemeanor and loses 23 years of accrued pension. Other guys are committing felony battery, attempted murder etc. And get medals and promotions?!?

Yeah he should have known better but getting a hummer from a working girl is far less damaging to the trust issue that almost killing the wrong people.
One view -- I'm not sure where I come down -- is that just because others get off for obviously far worse stuff shouldn't mean that he gets treated gently for this.

But, yeah, the <s>hooded thugs</s> dedicated public servants who shot up the Khangs' house in Minneapolis should have gotten worse.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm siding more with Binky on this one, and it's for the reason Joel listed.

Keeping it in your pants and staying away from hookers is a pretty basic rule. Following the rule while in uniform is even more basic. He made a conscious choice to get his rocks off illegally.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

I cannot imagine the consequences of getting caught getting a hummer in the school parking lot by a hooker. I know my career would be over at that moment.

Certain jobs have a zero error environment for moral issues, it is part of what you accept when you choose that profession.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

What's a "hummer"? Is it another KelTec product? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

jac714 wrote:
I cannot imagine the consequences of getting caught getting a hummer in the school parking lot by a hooker. I know my career would be over at that moment.

But would you lose your entire pension or 401(k)? He should get punished, but losing 23 years of pension is going to far.

My opinion is colored, no doubt, by my view of voluntary prostitution being hardly a crime. It wouldn't bother me if wasn't illegal. two adults can screw each other for free, why not for money. If two people agree to the transaction then it's none of my business.

I wouldn't touch the skanky 'ho's , but I don't care if this cop does.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 am 
Raving Moderate

Lenny7 wrote:
jac714 wrote:

But would you lose your entire pension or 401(k)? He should get punished, but losing 23 years of pension is going to far.

As someone in the same field, most likely yes. Crazy, I know. But, as jac714 said, something you understand (or should) when you sign up.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 am 
On time out

This is not lying to the court. This quite probably was not theft. (if you get my point. Services rendered without compensation)

I could see 90 day suspension and a pay grade. But cashiered? I just don't think it fits the continuium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
jac714 wrote:

No, losing 23 years of pension ought to be something these men of a "higher standard" can understand. Especially when they have the unchecked power in their hands...

Quote:
My opinion is colored, no doubt, by my view of voluntary prostitution being hardly a crime. It wouldn't bother me if wasn't illegal. two adults can screw each other for free, why not for money. If two people agree to the transaction then it's none of my business.

Prostitution doesn't bother me that much either. If a woman wants to sell it, why shouldn't she get what the market can bear. What I have a problem with is the officer that will rationalize their illegal action with the tired old phrase, "Cops aren't perfect."

Sure, they can't be perfect, but at least they should make an effort to be law abiding especially in school parking lots.

Quote:
I wouldn't touch the skanky 'ho's , but I don't care if this cop does.

I don't understand the lack of pride or self-control that leads a man to pick up some of the trashiest looking prostitutes you see getting busted sometimes.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.