Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mall of America patron alleges discrimination 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Ok, who's got a very large rec room where we can do a TCC showing of "Paul Blart"?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 am 
Longtime Regular

Encirclement does appear to be one of their techniques and they will play the "detained" not arrested game.

"Why are you stopping me? am I free to go?"

gets

"We had a call about a suspicious man wearing a raincoat (on a cool and rainy fall day) and we just need to detain you until we find out what is going on". So there we stood two MOA security guards shaking like little girls and one Bloomington cop whose right hand stayed way too close to his belt for most of the conversation and me, having committed the suspicious activity of leaving my family upstairs shopping and heading downstairs to the Sears bathroom, while wearing the "wrong" kind of jacket. . . despite the weather outside. Yes, they will stand and move in such a way that you'd brush one of them trying to get out and then they could "take you down" for assaulting an officer.

Yea MOA/Bloomington police need to start being called on this crap. I hope this guys $100,000 just gives some local lawyer the motivation to go class action on those turds. 'Course sometimes a $100K shot across the bow may get us to the result we're looking for.

Anyway, I'll quit being serious, please return to the afformentioned rather funny mall ninja humor :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
Encirclement does appear to be one of their techniques and they will play the "detained" not arrested game.

"Why are you stopping me? am I free to go?"

gets

"We had a call about a suspicious man wearing a raincoat (on a cool and rainy fall day) and we just need to detain you until we find out what is going on". So there we stood two MOA security guards shaking like little girls and one Bloomington cop whose right hand stayed way too close to his belt for most of the conversation and me, having committed the suspicious activity of leaving my family upstairs shopping and heading downstairs to the Sears bathroom, while wearing the "wrong" kind of jacket. . . despite the weather outside. Yes, they will stand and move in such a way that you'd brush one of them trying to get out and then they could "take you down" for assaulting an officer.

Yea MOA/Bloomington police need to start being called on this crap. I hope this guys $100,000 just gives some local lawyer the motivation to go class action on those turds. 'Course sometimes a $100K shot across the bow may get us to the result we're looking for.

Anyway, I'll quit being serious, please return to the afformentioned rather funny mall ninja humor :wink:

Ok, somebody with a law degree jump in here.

Does the MOA <strike>counter-terrorism tactical ninja squad</strike> security team have the legal ability to detain me if I want to leave? (snicker) (snort) (chuckle)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:24 am 
Longtime Regular

The Bloomington PD officer threw something into that mix. Though, it wasn't a Terry stop because they didn't pat me down. . . . just stopped me and held me there until they found the "right" person. Of course had they done a Terry search we would have been in the uncomfortable territory of them asking me to stay because of my raincoat and them asking me to leave because of my exercise of civil rights. Probably woulda blown their circuts. "What do we do? oh no's an armed civillian on a cool rainy day with a raincoat! and somebody somewhere did something in a raincoat."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 am 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
<...> "What do we do? oh no's an armed civillian on a cool rainy day with a raincoat! and somebody somewhere did something in a raincoat."

Now, maybe I am a sheep, but I am sorta ok with a person who actually matches a good description of some sort of 'bad guy' being detained until further identification can be made.

(ie "a white guy robbed a bank" is not a valid reason to detain a black guy pumping gas in his car; while "a 30ish white guy in a raincoat stole some old lady's purse" would be a valid reason to stop a 34yo white guy in a raincoat near the same area.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 am 
Poet Laureate

Quote:
she had been watching Allen for 15 minutes because he was a "suspicious person" who had been talking to a female, writing in a notebook, looking around at people and looking at his watch.

LOL!
I suppose you're not suspicious if you talk only to males, write in a laptop, and stare straight ahead, wishing only to be able to glance at a clock without looking suspicious.

:!:
Talking to a female?
<GASP!>

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:18 am 
Poet Laureate

Funny how talking to someone can be grounds for a lawsuit, but them actually breaking the law (by prohibiting carry as a leasor with tennants) is laughably swept away and permitted to continue. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am 
Longtime Regular

It's time for phase 2 and Bass Pro Shop to move in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 am 

If I remember the book 1984 correctly, writing your thoughts in a journal is a crime against Big Brother and the"party".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

2+2 = 5 ... eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Judge wrote:
If I remember the book 1984 correctly, writing your thoughts in a journal is a crime against Big Brother and the"party".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 pm 

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/moX3z2RJAV8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/moX3z2RJAV8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There are four lights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:49 am 

New MOA Counter-Terror Recruiting Poster -
(with ALL respect to the Navy Seal ad this is parodied from)

We would like to introduce -

- MallCop 1st Class Iwanna Carryagun
- Mall-Ninja Jr Grade Canya Seeme
- Nurf-Sniper Wish Iwasacop

Think you have what it takes to be one of us? Apply at the 3rd Floor Food Court

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:38 pm 
Journeyman Member

Why do I have the urge to go to the MoA and just lurk about... looking....

"suspicious......." I could talk into my wrist and everything.
Maybe wear an earbud for my phone, twitch from about 4 mokapots and a couple espressos, dress......... poorly....... and draw colorful pictures of ninjas with un-PC colored Crayolas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Further discussion on this moved somewhere more private.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.