Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Want fries with that? Want a bullet with that? 
 Post subject: Want fries with that? Want a bullet with that?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
McMenacing? Cop Accused Of Pulling Gun At McD's

Written by Brian Maass
DENVER (CBS4) ―

A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill.

Aurora police confirmed the CBS4 investigation saying the incident occurred May 21 at the McDonald's at 18181 East Hampden Avenue.

A spokesperson for the Aurora Police Department said they plan to present the case -- now classified as a felony menacing incident -- to the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office Thursday for possible filing of criminal charges.

Sources familiar with the case, and the fast food worker's account of what happened, say two off-duty Denver police officers placed an order from their car in the early morning hours of May 21. But once at the drive through window, the employee said the men became agitated and angry at how long their food was taking. The men thought they were being ignored, according to contacts familiar with the worker's account. The male clerk then said one of the officer's flashed his police badge and pointed a pistol through the drive through window in a threatening manner, before driving off without paying.

Both officers are assigned to Denver International Airport although only one has been placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of the case.

(© MMIX CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Want fries with that? Want a bullet with that?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

What is wrong with that? Have you tried to get fries with no salt or a Big Mac with extra cheese before? Some times a man has got to do what a man has got to do. Especially when it comes to getting your order correct. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
What is wrong with that? Have you tried to get fries with no salt or a Big Mac with extra cheese before? Some times a man has got to do what a man has got to do. Especially when it comes to getting your order correct. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'll settle for them just getting the items in my bag correct. I've long given up on getting what I actually want on the items.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:23 pm 

I'm no "trained, professional, public-servant" and I even know better, hell, the thought has never even entered my mind regarding something as outlandish as this. Coming from someone who sat in a drive-through with two handguns on my person at Wendy's yesterday for over 20 minutes.

If it's accurate, hope they are held responsible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Update: They charged him. Of course, he's had more than a month's paid vacation in the meantime.

Quote:
Denver cop charged with using gun to speed up McDonald's breakfast
He is on leave after allegedly pointing his weapon to speed up his fast-food order in May.
By Joey Bunch
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/21/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

A Denver police officer faces felony menacing and weapons charges based on an allegation that he pointed a pistol to speed up his order at an Aurora McDonald's in May.

An employee at the McDonald's at 18181 E. Hampden Ave. told investigators that two officers were waiting for their order at the drive-through window in the early morning hours when Derrick Curtis Saunders, 29, grew impatient and pulled a weapon.

In addition to the menacing and weapons charges, Saunders also is charged with prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, the Aurora Police Department said Monday.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Saunders has been suspended with pay during the investigation, but he would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.

Jackson said neither he nor Police Chief Gerald Whitman would comment on the case.

"It would be inappropriate for us to make any comment about another department's case, especially an ongoing, active investigation," he said.

Saunders was assigned to Denver International Airport. His booking photograph was not available from Aurora police Monday.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.