Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Wrong address in Indy 
 Post subject: Wrong address in Indy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Whoops a daisy... :roll:

Quote:
Family Angry After Police Target Wrong House

INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis family is asking for an apology from police after officers mistakenly barged into their home during an early-morning warrant sweep.

Marye Minton, 70, and her 72-year-old husband were awoken early Thursday to officers banging on the door of their home, 6News' Ericka Flye reported.

Marye Minton said she is upset that the officers came inside and ordered her husband, who is in poor health, onto the ground.

"They said to him, 'Get on the floor,' like that, and see my husband's had four strokes, and he can't whoop anybody, he can't do anything," she said. "I'm very mad and I don't want it to happen to another citizen."

Officers were trying to serve a warrant for a man wanted on drug charges. The address listed on the paperwork was 4042. The Minton's home is 4048, with both house numbers clearly marked.

But Major Mark Robinett of the Marion County Sheriff's Department, who is in charge of warrant sweeps, said he was told that officers had a difficult time reading the addresses because of overcast skies.

He said the officers identified themselves and handled their mistake appropriately.

"Within a couple of minutes they determined that they were at the wrong address. At that point, they apologized and they left," he said.

The Mintons said their front door was damaged by the officers' banging. They said they want a formal apology.

"I want them to come in here and tell me that they're sorry," Marye Minton said. "Not on the phone, don't send me a letter. Come in my door, like you sent your men in my house."

Robinett said even though an apology was made Thursday morning, that someone will go back to the home soon and offer and apology in person.

Copyright 2009 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wrong address in Indy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:03 am 
Journeyman Member

Quote:
But Major Mark Robinett of the Marion County Sheriff's Department, who is in charge of warrant sweeps, said he was told that officers had a difficult time reading the addresses because of overcast skies.

I don't know about Indiana, but here in Minnesota, we have these high tech things called flashlights. They might help with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 am 
Longtime Regular

You beat me to it. I'd never heard of officers carrying flashlights until 1898, maybe the idea just hasn't caught on in Indiana yet :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 am 

Oh I fucking love it. That's my new cure-all.

In fact, if it's cloudy in April I probably won't pay taxes this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sietch wrote:
Oh I fucking love it. That's my new cure-all.

In fact, if it's cloudy in April I probably won't pay taxes this year.

I think that excuse only works if you're on the SWAT team.. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.