Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 You gotta be kidding me 
 Post subject: You gotta be kidding me
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:37 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.click2houston.com/news/21236395/detail.html

Quote:
Officer Shoots Woman, Pit Bull Playing
Woman, Dog Expected To Survive
POSTED: Thursday, October 8, 2009
UPDATED: 3:36 pm CDT October 8, 2009
LA MARQUE, Texas -- A police officer shot a woman and the dog she was playing with when the officer thought the dog was attacking the woman, witnesses told KPRC Local 2.

Woman, Pit Bull Shot While Playing
Witnesses said a La Marque police officer was driving along 5th Avenue near Walnut Street at about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday, after she helped a person around the corner.
The officer heard people playing and screaming, witnesses said. A 23-year-old woman and her friend were playing with a pit bull named Sugar.
Witnesses said the officer got out of the car and fired several shots toward the dog.
"The young lady started hollering and just at that time a police officer was coming down and thought the dog was attacking the lady," witness Dennis Wallace said. "I can't say that I would do anything different. The (officer) drew down and started shooting. I couldn't say I wouldn't have done that."
The woman's parents said one of the bullets hit the ground and fragments ricocheted, wounding her in the upper body. She was taken by helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital, treated and released.
Sugar was also wounded. The dog's owner took Sugar to a vet and it is expected to recover.
La Marque police declined to comment about the shooting, but said the 30-year-old officer has been with the department for about a year and a half.
The Galveston County District Attorney's Office and the Galveston County Sheriff's Office are investigating.

Post subject: Re: You gotta be kidding me
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Does this mean every time I see someone out walking their Pit Bull, I can just open up on it, too? I mean, every Pit Bull must be dangerous. In that regard, does that mean I can start shooting any other breed that "seems" dangerous?

This officer lacks the judgement to be anything more than in charge of the Fry station at McDonalds.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:38 pm 

But I like Micky D's fries the way they are

Very slightly in the officers defense I have seem several people "playing" with their dogs that certainly could have been under attack.

Little bit of time to make sure would have been appropriate even if there had been an attack provided the dog wasn't hanging from the gals neck or anything really gruesome and obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
This officer lacks the judgement to be anything more than in charge of the Fry station at McDonalds.

I question that; the hot grease in those deep fryers is dangerous. Maybe at the grill station, but with a dull spatula.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:15 am 
Longtime Regular

So if I see a German Shepard, chewwing on a fella in "urban atire" I can shoot it, even if there is a cop nearby holding a leash right? :bang:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.