Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 TX Cop does more bad things than I can fit in the subj line 
 Post subject: TX Cop does more bad things than I can fit in the subj line
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Subject line field is too short to fit all of his "alleged" antics. :roll:

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/local/ ... 93236.html

Quote:
Constable controversy
Palo Pinto County Pct. 5 Constable Luis Rodriguez created quite a stir when he and Mineral Wells resident Steven Silva entered an EZ Mart convenience store after midnight and attempted to purchase alcohol.

On March 14, Rodriguez and Silva approached the store clerk and asked to buy beer. The clerk reported informing the two men it was after hours and they couldn’t purchase beer. According to the report, they responded that it was Saturday, although it was a Wednesday. Then, Silva allegedly made sexual overtures towards the clerk, according to the police report.

During the course of events, the clerk told Rodriguez she knew who he was but he replied that his name was “Hank.”

As the clerk was going to hit the panic button, another customer walked in and the two men walked out. In their departure, the older model, yellow sedan driven by Silva struck a pole guarding the gas pumps and kept going.

Silva and Rodriguez were pulled over on a traffic stop in the 100 block of S.E. 20th Avenue, after the car was seen leaving the Whataburger parking lot in the 2500 block of East Hubbard Street. Silva was arrested at the scene for no insurance and having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle while Rodriguez was allowed to call for a ride.

Later in March, Palo Pinto County Commissioners met in closed session then issued a joint statement asking Rodriguez “resign his position of public trust immediately so that full confidence may be restored.”

Rodriguez declined to step down.

A petition was later filed with the 29th Judicial District Court, petitioning for the removal of Rodriguez from office. Over 200 signatures in support of the request accompanied the petition. Parker County District Judge Graham Quisenberry was assigned to the petition.

He denied the request approximately a week after receiving it and the petition was dropped.

“The order speaks for itself,” Quisenberry had said of the decision to deny the petition.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=111_1178059898"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=111_1178059898"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

Last edited by DeanC on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:21 pm 

Just for clarification, most constables *are not* sworn officers. I say most simply because there may be exceptions, but I am a participant at a forum where the constables make it crystal clear that they are not cops, and are not trained like cops. Their purpose is to serve papers for the magistrate and provide "security" at the polls. Yes they are uniformed, including a duty belt, and yes even some carry sidearms, but no, they are not cops.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
Just for clarification, most constables *are not* sworn officers. I say most simply because there may be exceptions, but I am a participant at a forum where the constables make it crystal clear that they are not cops, and are not trained like cops. Their purpose is to serve papers for the magistrate and provide "security" at the polls. Yes they are uniformed, including a duty belt, and yes even some carry sidearms, but no, they are not cops.

Another mall-ninja?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
Just for clarification, most constables *are not* sworn officers.

Fair enough. He still apparently rates as a "special" person.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:11 pm 

Don't get me wrong - I'm not arguing to condone the behavior at all. Just wanting to make sure the clarification was understood. I agree with you both!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 pm 
Wise Elder

We are talking about Texas, no?

When I went to high school in west Texas, the constables were LEO's. They carried guns and had red lights on their POV's, made arrests (not often), wrote a lot of traffic tickets (you paid 'em on the spot, IIRC), served court papers, and did evictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:20 pm 

did someone just say mall ninja.... some could take offense....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Duane J wrote:
did someone just say mall ninja.... some could take offense....

Mall Ninja is a state of mind, not a profession.

With that in mind, only mall ninjas should take offense. :)

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:56 pm 

I think I follow. I'd be curious to hear more about the mall ninja state of mind, but I'd rather not run the thread too far off course... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's simple. If you are employed by a mall, but think you are a ninja, then you are a mall ninja.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 pm 

People actually do that?? lmao

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.