Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 A more normal incident. 
 Post subject: A more normal incident.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 pm 
Wise Elder

http://www.theagitator.com/2008/02/02/d ... y-conduct/

Woman calls police for help. Ends up brutally stripped searched, naked on the floor of a jail cell. See the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow... I just ran into this thru someone else. Wow...

Pakrat posted this link http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/76678/ which has some more information and a video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0Oqa-oHoOo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0Oqa-oHoOo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kane also suggests that dashboard video of the arrest, originally believed to be non-existent because the arresting officer claimed the camera was off, may not have been disclosed to Steffey’s lawyers.

Also, Why the hell are they allowed to turn their cameras off????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

THE RAGE!!!!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Line these guys up for some electro-shock therapy.

Or stick with the slap on the wrist.

If I was a corrupt or ignorant deputy, I'd walk with a big stick too knowing there was going to be minor if any punishment.

I feel that some extended tazing sessions is more in line with justice being served, maybe we can shock the arrogance out of retarded LEO's.

I gotta stay out of this section of the forum, makes my blood pressure too high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

My heart is racing and I feel angrier than I have felt in a very, very long time. I cannot imagine what rationale there could possibly be for a strip search under the recorded circumstances. Furthermore, I cannot imagine how anyone thought it appropriate to allow male officers to be involved in the strip search.

I hope every one of the officers involved in the strip search find themselves unemployed and prohibited from holding a similar job ever again. I'd love to see them all do jail time for assault or sexual assault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can't even being to describe my reaction.

Here's Hope's lawsuit against the assholes

http://pamelahennessy.com/steffey.pdf

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

More victims come forward

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88666&provider=gnews

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:59 am 
Longtime Regular

The chief needs to loose his job, the original cop needs to loose his job, the jail supervisor needs to loose his/her job and the people involved in the strip search need to be disciplined :!:

This is the only way for the people of that community will have a chance to feel that the Police and jail provide a true service to the public. :x :x :x

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
...the people involved in the strip search need to be disciplined :!:

Yup, by losing their jobs. And being criminally charged.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Those who get their kicks from assaulting and terrorizing defenseless people will probably never "get it" unless it happens to them. It is most unfortunate that those of us with an active and healthy conscience find it repugnant to subject abusers like the ones in the video to similar treatment.

Every officer who participated in those attacks ought to be fired and prosecuted in a fair court. I don't care if they were following orders. It was wrong and any sane adult should know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:06 am 
Longtime Regular

How wrong was it though? (I'm not defending any of this, mind you.)

I can imagine that they were able to come up with a decent reason to bring her to jail. Drunk, gave the officer a fake ID, eventually became beligerant, takes it too far and gets hauled off... I am ok with that.

Strip naked a disorderly person... I can almost fathom a reason for that, which means to someone else it may be easily justified.

If you allow for that, then your only concerns could be the lack of medical treatment for the chipped/broken tooth, that male officers participated in the removal of the clothes, and that they didn't provide her jail clothes to wear after they stripped her.

Medical treatment: it could be easily claimed that she was too much of a danger to herself/others to allow for it at that point.

Male officers: violation of policy.

No jail clothes: violation of the 8th amendment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here is another perspective.

Inmates who are drunk/stoned/mentally ill often act irrationally. Some, when left in a cell by themselves, will try to harm themselves with whatever is available (strangle themselves with socks, underwear, bras, pants, shirts).

Others will use the same and try to plug up the plumbing and then run water, flush toilets, etc., flooding their cells.

There are often issues that don't become apparent til later. Like a bipolar person off his/her meds who is in a manic phase. Uncontrolled behavior can go on and on. Stuff you might never think of. Smearing your feces around or eating it. Same with menstrual blood. Throwing it at others.

Now, look at this particular video without the sound and with the above in mind. If you take away her screaming, her lawyer and husband talking, you see jail staff restraning her without violence. All actions shown were slow and deliberate. Uncomfortable? Absolutely! Embarrassing when you see it sober? Certainly.

Jail staff have to make choices. Clothes/not. Blanket/not. Restraints/not.

A simple set of paper clothes would have gone a long way here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd bet she was drunk and disorderly, and also had a quite a mouth. But that's the case a lot of times in jail. Sometimes people even take off their own clothes to be disorderly.

But, each case is different. I'd bet they do this anytime somebody is unpleasant, to justify their authority. Very few people need to be stripped and left without a jail uniform or their own clothing. Those that do, never complain, and others seldom. They want to forget. Stop up the plumbing? Turn off the water. It doesn't take 6 to do that.

Lip off, and get "suicide watch".

Others are coming forward. If this case was at all "unusual" the jailers would say that in their own defense. They look like they do this all the time, to me. If not they'd explain it.

So far, I'm on her side of this one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.