Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fox 9 reporter has camera phone taken 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 pm 

This is just terrible. Every time I hear about something like this I am sickened.

I would suspend judgment on the use of force - use of force, even when justified, is an ugly thing. But there really is no good reason for taking the phone in this manner.

I was a cop for several years, and I never did - or said - anything I would not want caught on camera. There used to be a standard of professionalism that police were expected to uphold.

Sadly, "Protect and Serve" has given way to "What's your f*&king problem?"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

All the "other good cops" around never challanged this; even now they say nothing.

"Don't snitch" is the code on BOTH sides of the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:40 pm 
Wise Elder

Dick Unger wrote:
All the "other good cops" around never challenged this; even now they say nothing.

Let's be clear. Cops who ignore criminal activity (that they would arrest anyone else for) just because it is committed by other law enforcement officers are accomplices. They are also, in almost all cases, guilty of obstruction of justice. They are most certainly NOT "good cops."

They will get promoted, though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.