Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Officer needs image consultant (and a new line of work). 
 Post subject: Officer needs image consultant (and a new line of work).
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm 
Wise Elder

http://www.theagitator.com/2008/02/12/r ... thori-tah/

Funny and sad. What jerk.

Video is going to take all the "fun" out of the "job."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 pm 

The kid with the camera is just lucky the cop didn't steal it and put in his golf cart like he stole the other kids skateboard! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm 

Here is the story and a poll to hit.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinio ... 2754.story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:15 pm 
The Man

His "suspension" consists of (probably temporarily) being transferred to administrative duties with pay.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 pm 
Delicate Flower

poll @ 10:30

Quote:
What is your reaction to the police officer's conduct in the video involving skateboarders at the Inner Harbor?

He acted appropriately (84 responses)5.2%

He overreacted a little bit (157 responses) 9.7%

He was way out of line (1371 responses)84.7%

Not sure (6 responses)0.4%

1618 total responses (Results not scientific)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

The union guy is going to feel pretty stupid when he sees the video:

Quote:
Paul Blair, head of the police union, had not seen the video but cautioned that videos show only a slice of a story. He noted that it is impossible to know what happened before or after the camera was turned on.

That "slice" is about 99% of the pie. Unions would have a lot more credibility if they didn't blindly defend dogshit like this.

That "dude" is a real ASS hat!! It shouldn't come as a surprise, though, that after being assigned to the funny golf cart patrol that he has a serious inferiority complex.

How could anyone in his department not be completely embarrassed.

No...the kid didn't respect the badge or the department, Officer Dude did that all by himself.

jackass.....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:47 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Paul Blair, head of the police union, had not seen the video but cautioned that videos show only a slice of a story. He noted that it is impossible to know what happened before or after the camera was turned on.

ahh - show of hands please... Who can tell what happened AFTER the camera was turned on??? What a 'tard...

Seems many cops like to pick on little boys. Some friends of ours children had 'issues' with the Buffalo PD. Seemed everytime the one of the sons left the driveway he was pulled over and harassed. Till the time Mom drove the vehicle and was pulled over. Mom, who was studying to be a lawyer, adjusted the cops attitude... The kids didn't have much of a problem after that.

Geez though - can hardly blame the cop for having an attitude. The guy drives a go-cart and is dressed like a Scout Den MOTHER... Jeez who picked the department uniform? Some guy with limp wrists and latteral S's?

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 am 
Journeyman Member

Burnsville Guy wrote:
The kid with the camera is just lucky the cop didn't steal it and put in his golf cart like he stole the other kids skateboard! :lol: :lol:

I wish he had recorded the end of the 'Dudes' last sentence.

"Have you got that camera on? If I find myself on" ... You Tube?????

Priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:57 am 
Longtime Regular

Two Things:

Number One:

Quote:
Officer "Dude": "Your friends got brains in their heads, they know when to shut their mouths."

Yes, yes, they do. They've got enough brains to stand silently back and watch him shoot himself in the foot. Roll the camera, and stand as a silent witness to his coercive behavior.

Non-confrontational, non-committal, non-intrusive, but plenty effective.

I wonder how low this guys IQ must be, in retrospect; Officer Kuehnlein got fired for his tirade against Brett Darrow and he knew he was on tape. Same for several other officers. Don't you think the word would be out by now?

Number Two:

This is a perfect example of the type of attitude that has "trained" me to have a serious distrust of authority, and outright contempt for officers just like Officer "Dude".

What the hell do officers think they're gonna accomoplish, going off on a tirade like this? Are they trying to garner respect? Fear? Compliance?

Every time something like this hits the web, hundreds more lose respect for the profession as a whole.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Maybe if they didn't make him drive around in that little clown car he wouldn't be so grumpy?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Now, let's vote. If this guy actually were the kid's father, would the behavior be entirely appropriate? :D

- Yes
- No

The kid probably does need an ass whooping or to at least get "smacked up side the head." The dad's out of the picture and the mom probably is not living up to the job. When the parents aren't around to scare the shit out of (I mean scare the straight into) the kid so he grows up right, who should do it? I'm not saying the cop should, but someone should!

And yes, the costume and clown car might have a part in eliminating the self esteem of the department's officers improving the changes for this sort of display, as well as reducing the respect-garnering presence that more traditional garb and transport brings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Maybe if they didn't make him drive around in that little clown car he wouldn't be so grumpy?

He looks like BooBoo bear... :roll:

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am 
Longtime Regular

ree wrote:
Now, let's vote. If this guy actually were the kid's father, would the behavior be entirely appropriate? :D

- Yes
- No

The kid probably does need an ass whooping or to at least get "smacked up side the head."...

Based on what part of the kids behavior?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:04 am 
Longtime Regular

Binky .357 wrote:

Well I really meant a figurative ass whooping. And perhaps a corporal-punishment type slap up side the head.

The kid certain didn't do anything illegal on the film, but he does show symptoms of someone who doesn't respect authority, ignoring seemingly simple orders from someone he should be taking direction from, talking back when he should be shutting down...basically things that many adolescents are prone to.

Note that the kid with the camera told his buddy to just shut up closer to the beginning of the video clip. This other kid clearly is not demonstrating the symptoms I mention above.

Some parents manage to coax their kids past this mentality with gentle openness and careful nurturing. Some don't get so lucky and have to get stern with kid from time to time to "help" them to see straight. I speak from personal experience as an ex-kid when I suggest that the kid seems to have some respect issues and that I think it's not entirely out of line for a parent to go off on that type of kid in that manner to, not on a regular basis mind you, but every once in a while to "get the kids attention."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:29 am 
Longtime Regular

ree wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:

Well I really meant a figurative ass whooping. And perhaps a corporal-punishment type slap up side the head.

The kid certain didn't do anything illegal on the film, but he does show symptoms of someone who doesn't respect authority, ignoring seemingly simple orders from someone he should be taking direction from, talking back when he should be shutting down...basically things that many adolescents are prone to.

While I agree that sometimes the best posture is to shut up (especially when you know you're wrong), disrespect for this type of authority figure (even if the kid should be taking direction from him) shouldn't warrant being thrown to the ground.

It goes back to being an adult; being a bigger, more mature person and not allowing some "young punk" to "bait a response" like this from the officer who is a representative of the the police force as a whole.

If officer "Dude" cannot keep his composure when dealing with a fourteen year old, who's to say how he'll react with an adult? Someones mom, or grandma, hard of hearing? Some who cannot hear the "lawful orders" and so gets thrown to the ground for lack of respect? Someone who's in the beginning stages of dementia and unable to comprehend the orders, or is trying to establish what's going on an so, in turning towards the officer, gets TASER'ed for their efforts? (A broken hip, or any other major bone, can be a death sentence for the elderly... is that officer going to be charged with manslaughter if one of the victims of his assault and battery dies due to excessive force? How about if previous medical records show the person with an "attitude problem" has hearing problems, or alzheimer's?)

A lot of "what ifs", but I honestly think that to use any kind of force (such as was used by Officer "Dude") in response to a "bad attitude" is criminal in and of itself.
[/RANT]

[EDIT: Fix spelling errors.]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.