Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Officer Fined For Arresting Firefighter Helping Crash Victim 
 Post subject: Officer Fined For Arresting Firefighter Helping Crash Victim
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:24 pm 

Video
Quote:
A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay thousands of dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

News 4 obtained police video that shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured driver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.

Officer Greeves has been ordered to pay $18,000.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:30 pm 
Wise Elder

Like St. George, another tiny suburb in St. Louis county, Missouri.

FWIW, Roseville F. D. once drove a pumper truck "over" the hood of a MHP cruiser that was bocking access to a car fire. No lawsuit.

When I was a firefighter/EMT, we always blocked the accident lane with a great big fire truck whenever we were on a busy street. They can hit it at 60mph and the truck ain't moving.

Last edited by kimberman on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:34 pm 

Maybe the firefighter called him "Dude".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Seriously, what is it about Missouri cops?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:26 pm 

Are you kidding me? MN POST Skills teaches to use whatever you can to protect you as a road block. Make your squad as big as possible for protection, and align any assisting vehicles to make the scene safe to work.

I think back to when I was with Park PD. Sqd 830 responded to a DWI crash on Hiawatha NB at 26 st (I think that's it - the major intersection just north of the new foot bridge). Heavy traffic dark as crap out. Another agent and I responded and parked our vehicles with the striped line down the middle, completely blocking the middle lane and half of each of the outer lanes. People could get around, but not as swiftly as they wanted. We pissed a lot of people off that night, but the three of us did our jobs safely (as much as possible) and went home at the end of shift.

Fire wants to park a rig to protect the scene? Unless there is some major issue, which is unlikely, have at it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

If I am the injured party, I would want as safe a scene as possible for help to get to me. If it is true that the officer wanted another lane of traffic, he deserved to get sued and should be fired. What a tool.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.