Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Rehak and Naylon... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:40 pm 
The Man

JD Christian wrote:
Why the blind faith in the FBI? Remember, these are the same guys in charge of NICS!
Can you point to the folks who have been showing "blind faith in the FBI" here? I've missed them. There's a fair number -- I'm one -- who were convinced by the tape, and by the other evidence, but I don't know of, well, anybody, anywhere, who is convinced that they're guilty just because the FBI says so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 pm 
Journeyman Member

Ok, again, I'm not a personal friend of Rehak. I don't know Naylon from a hole in the wall. But I still believe Rehak, and again, I'm only stating my opinion. If I'm wrong, hey, I'm wrong. We shall see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

JD Christian wrote:
We shall see.

:?: :?: :?:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:38 pm 
Journeyman Member

They are going to appeal from the best of my understanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

JD Christian wrote:
They are going to appeal from the best of my understanding.

They were convicted in a Federal Court I believe. Appeals might be a long shot. Then again, crazier things have happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:53 pm 
Journeyman Member

Very true! :shock:

Post subject: Seriously, who's the crooked cop?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 am 
Journeyman Member

Sheriff tried to dissuade Gang Strike Force audit
Bob Fletcher says he changed his mind after cash and vehicles could not be found.

By PAUL McENROE, Star Tribune
Last update: May 24, 2009 - 12:05 AM

Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher repeatedly tried to prevent a state investigation into the financial operations of the Metro Gang Strike Force, over which his office has fiscal oversight, according to officials directly involved in the state probe that led to the sudden shutdown last week of the unit's activities.

Fletcher's office also did not undertake an in-depth review of how hundreds of thousands of dollars, personal property and vehicles were being accounted for after his office learned last fall that state Department of Public Safety investigators were raising concerns, the officials said.

In a March 3 e-mail to the strike force's advisory board of a dozen local law enforcement officials, a copy of which was obtained by the Star Tribune, Fletcher complained that "it would be a shame" if an audit stemmed from "political motives." He noted in the e-mail that the unit's former commander, Ron Ryan, now under scrutiny for activities on his watch, had an "exemplary" 40-year record of service as a police officer.

Sources also said that Fletcher got into shouting matches with Public Safety Director Michael Campion, complaining that state auditors should not be involved in strike force matters. Fletcher denies those assertions.

But in an interview Friday, Fletcher acknowledged that he had opposed a state audit because he believed it would be based on politics and didn't think it was necessary. He said he would have preferred a private company to perform an audit. He also denied his office was responsible for any oversight of money seized in strike force investigations and instead blamed Ryan, his friend, for mishandling cash and confiscated property.

Fletcher said Friday that he later changed his mind on the need for a state audit, after examiners discovered that the strike force could not account for more than $18,000 cash and at least 13 vehicles.

Complete Article: http://www.startribune.com/local/east/4 ... =KArksUUUU

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.