Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Semi-Suburban Life... 
 Post subject: Semi-Suburban Life...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
DUMB CRIMINAL
Although not a dumb criminal story, I thought I would share this call with you from overthe holiday weekend. Sergeant John Kornmann reported a rather unusual call that came in last weekend in which our officers were dispatched to Ritter Farm Park to aid a woman who was being followed by a flock of sheep. On arrival, the woman advised the officers that the sheep had gone away. Other hikers in the park came up and explained to the officers that they had scared the sheep back around the fence bordering the park and into their home pasture.

The officers were able to locate the owner of the errant flock of sheep a short while laterto advise him of the flock’s wandering ways. When the owner was told that his sheep were in the park, he refused to believe his sheep were out of his pasture and had wandered into the park. He indicated that he was sure that woman had mistakenly entered his pasture, thinking that she was still in the park. The officers, faced with the conflicting stories, investigated further and were able to verify that the sheep were in the park as the little flock had apparently left unmistakable evidence (sheep droppings) of their presence in the park. All in a day’s work for a patrol officer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 am 
Longtime Regular

I came upon this story just today, but I remember an incident when I was back in high school where my neighbors had been raising cows. The fence around their pasture was old and in disrepair.

One day the cows went on a field trip. To my dads field.

I went over and knocked on their door. "Uhmm, yeah, Jim? Your cows are out of their pen and they're on our land."

He looked to the pasture and said, "Oh, yeah, they always get out. It's no big deal."

I, being 16 at the time, deffered to the wisdom of an adult of 37. Went back home. "Uhh, yeah, dad? They said 'It's no big deal, they always get out' and they'll wander back to their own field when they want to."

My dad was less than understanding, but for the time being the cows kept to their own side of the (poor quality) fence.

About six months later, a squad car nearly hit an errant cow as it came flying over a hill into a blind valley along the road (the squad car, not the cow, although that does invoke images out of The Holy Grail).

I earned a little extra money helping put a proper fence up that spring, and he got an education that even though we refered to this as a rural area it's not rural enough to be "free range" country.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.