Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Updated: Mpls cops on "Cops" again (Now 4 videos) 
 Post subject: Updated: Mpls cops on "Cops" again (Now 4 videos)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Season 21 : Ep. 25 Air Date 3/28/09

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/p9L-4dqq5ujL_IRJefWzHg/447/853"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/p9L-4dqq5ujL_IRJefWzHg/447/853" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Last edited by DeanC on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Man, that guy they taze right in the beginning falls over like tree in the forest.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

With the return of warmer weather I am sure that Chicago Avenue will become exciting once again. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm 

If I am not mistaken these tapings were from around November or so. Something like that. At least around 6 months ago because after all the footage is compiled and edited, MPD still gets final say as to what airs or does not air.

Minneapolis Police/Fire Dispatcher

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am 

We discussed this one at work. The guy just falls backwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
If I am not mistaken these tapings were from around November or so. Something like that. At least around 6 months ago because after all the footage is compiled and edited, MPD still gets final say as to what airs or does not air.

This was long before November, look at how green the deciduous trees are, more like June or before.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:19 am 
Longtime Regular

It is pretty amazing, he just goes down like a board (or as Dean put it a tree)

I have seen people do that after standing at attention too long in the wrong way. It looks really strange

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 am 

I didn't have enough patience to deal with the commercials

Abraham Lincoln

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Another: Season 21 : Ep. 26 Air date 3/28/09

Crystal police involved in this one too.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Tfy7iDTMH4fyyz1SBW1G5Q/39/417"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Tfy7iDTMH4fyyz1SBW1G5Q/39/417" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Another: Season 21 : Ep. 26 Air date 3/28/09

Crystal police involved in this one too.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Tfy7iDTMH4fyyz1SBW1G5Q/39/417"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Tfy7iDTMH4fyyz1SBW1G5Q/39/417" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Maybe one of our LEO members can step in here, but that seemed like an awfully bad place to do a PIT. Lots of other cars around, and seemed to be at a decent rate of speed (PITing at or above 35mph is known to be much more hazardous, and add the fact that it is known to cause rollovers on SUVs...).

Granted, we don't see the entire pursuit here, so there could have been outside circumstances that led to forcing the trooper to perform the maneuver when he did. That said, could the reason that the trooper joined in and performed it be that the metro departments wouldn't authorize it?

Armchair quarterback, yes...but something doesn't seem good about this one. And I'm normally the one supporting the LEOs...

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 am 
Journeyman Member

Thanks for this thread. I didn't know one could watch these episodes online

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:59 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:

Maybe one of our LEO members can step in here, but that seemed like an awfully bad place to do a PIT. Lots of other cars around, and seemed to be at a decent rate of speed (PITing at or above 35mph is known to be much more hazardous, and add the fact that it is known to cause rollovers on SUVs...).

Granted, we don't see the entire pursuit here, so there could have been outside circumstances that led to forcing the trooper to perform the maneuver when he did. That said, could the reason that the trooper joined in and performed it be that the metro departments wouldn't authorize it?

Armchair quarterback, yes...but something doesn't seem good about this one. And I'm normally the one supporting the LEOs...

-Mark

DISCLAIMER

I only watched enough to see what happened. I didn't watch the whole clip.
That being said, I think the PIT itself was ok. Some departments just don't PIT, and maybe Mpls PD is one...I dunno.

My problem was with the extrication. If I had an unconscious car crash subject, I'd let EMS do it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 am 

Flipping that vehicle back over with the perp unconscious was difficult to watch. The Mpls officer does take the time to explain their rationale in his debrief for the camera, citing the smoke and fear of a vehicle fire, etc. In any event, it's stuff like this that has to make the COPS producers like their chops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 am 
Longtime Regular

I've seen cars roll and then catch on fire. One officer said there was smoke. Things could have gone further south very quickly, I think.

Probably that's the reason for the immediate extraction. Too, there were enough officers there to do it, and they were probably trained as EMT's.

Do you leave the car on it's side, ignore fire danger and wait for rescue workers to get him out because he might have a spine injury? It will take a long time to strap him to a board and pull him out from above.

He might also be bleeding to death from internal injuries, in which case he needs to get to the emergency room quickly. This way they can determine his injuries, and he's ready to go when the ambulance gets there.

I watched a very careful extraction. Patient on a baord, out of a semi lying on it's side. Hoisted out the door, which had to be removed. It took about an hour. Unfortunately the guy bled to death while they worked.

If this is YOUR decision, it sucks to be you, I guess. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:39 am 
Longtime Regular

If you listen and watch the signs, you can see that the Troopers joined the chase on Westbound 394 at Penn. The PIT occurred at 394 & 169 as near as I can tell because of the General Mills Blvd road sign.

Last edited by DeanC on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.