Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anoka County -- 25 Days for Two (2) Permits and a LONG HELLO 
 Post subject: Anoka County -- 25 Days for Two (2) Permits and a LONG HELLO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:26 pm 

I've been a lurker on this forum for many moons. Thanks to you all for the great information and the passion you have for supporting each other and our constitutional rights.

My wife and I both submitted our applications for our first permits on December 29 and received them postmarked January 22. We both knew we were legally qualified thanks to the great information and our training but you still sort of wonder whether there will be a problem you never thought of that gums up the works. We're both smiling and saying, "Hey, this SHALL ISSUE thing actually works".

A few items of note:

The clerk at Anoka County asked us how many folks were in our class and told us other applicants were telling her that the classes were quite large. She cited a class late in 2008 of around 65 folks.

Our permits were accompanied by a letter from Sheriff Andersohn referencing:
    Requirement to have "the permit card and a driver's license, state identification card, passport, or other government-issued photo identification in your immediate possession at all times when carrying a pistol".

Need to "immediately display the gun permit and identification document upon lawful demand by a peace officer, as defined in Section 626.84, subdivision 1".

Change of Address, Loss, or Destruction of Permit to Carry: summary of 624.714, subdivision 7a, (a) and (b).

Notice of Revocation: Summary of 624.714, subdivision 8: notice that permit shall immediately become void at the time you become prohibited from possession of a pistol and requirement to immediately return the permit to carry to the sheriff's office.

More importantly, a few Items of Thanks:

I want to thank the members of this forum. I've been a lurker for many months now and while I feel that I am uniquely unqualified to chime in, I think I've read almost everything posted and a few very good books on the subject. The decision to apply for a permit was something my wife and I both thought very carefully about and the reasonable and helpful information here was significant in our decision.

I'm also very grateful for the work done by "those of you before us" on this important issue. It's very cool to have such a supportive statute. I am newly sensitized about the political process given the recent months and already concerned about possible encroachment of our rights only four (4) days into the new federal Administration. We have both decided to write letters to our current state representatives thanking them for the law and continuing to support our right to defend ourselves and our children. Federal letters are going out as well but it feels like shouting over the noise of an enormous machine.

Thanks also to Joel R for a great class. My wife was slightly anxious about the process but we both thoroughly enjoyed the class, the camaraderie and the information offered. I wish I could afford to take the classes of many of the instructors on this forum as I'm sure I would learn additional nuggets from each of you.

So, for now, we are off to the fun task of deciding what type of firearm we want to purchase and carry. I think we'll be renting a few guns at Bills to try out the feel of different options. Too many $$$ :( but I would rather not buy a pistol that won't work for us which would be many, many more $$$.

Thanks again and apologies for the long post but we're pretty long on enthusiasm at the moment. In time, I hope to convince my bride to get on-line as a member of this community. She would like to meet some women who carry so she can talk about some of the practical considerations.

Later...

...DaddyBooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome daddybooks.
Its really nice to have this resource. There are many knowledgeable people here who can answer questions on almost any subject. You can even get your furnace fixed here. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Duplicate of:

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=11574

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.