Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 St. Paul Permit to Purchase 18 days and counting... 
 Post subject: St. Paul Permit to Purchase 18 days and counting...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:15 am 

I visited the St. Paul PD on Jan 28th to submit my permit to purchase. They told me it would be "a few weeks" to get processed (despite the fact that the law says 7 days). After 7 business days (to give them the benefit of the doubt) I called the firearm permit office to get an update. No one answered and they didn't return the message I left. I called again this Thursday (Feb 12th) and finally got to speak with someone (Jill). She was helpful and said she was still waiting to hear back from one agency and would call them to "find out if they had lost it or something". Sheesh, for someone with absolutely no criminal history, the processes of buying a handgun sure is frustrating! Yet another example of how laws really only apply to the law-abiding citizen.

Post subject: Finally!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 pm 

I received my permit today (Feb 18th). Interestingly, it's dated Feb 10th, even though I called on the 12th and they were still waiting to hear back from one agency :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.