Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ramsey Co. - 14 Days 
 Post subject: Ramsey Co. - 14 Days
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:24 am 

Ramsey County Sheriff's Office got my Carry Permit into my mailbox in 14 (calendar) days flat. Outstanding job. Kudos to the fine people working there who made this such a speedy process, especially the lovely young lady who took my application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Glad you had a good experience...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

IS your last name "Fletcher," by any chance? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 pm 

I've read that there were some problems with Ramsey County Sheriff's Office in the past, but it looks like they've got their act together now. I had a very pleasant experience with them, they were cordial, attentive, and most importantly, they were a week faster than quoted (not to mention two weeks faster than some counties). It was good customer service, and I give credit where it is due, regardless of who's in charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mine came in something like 9 days ... I'm still not willing to say that they're not screwing with permit holders and applicants when I see denials out of proportion to the rest of the state and unspecified reasons given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:06 am 
Longtime Regular

Urban Phantom wrote:
...it looks like they've got their act together now. ... It was good customer service, and I give credit where it is due, regardless of who's in charge.

A couple quick questions:

1. Did they require you to bring your original ID and certificate?
2. Did you sign the application before you got there, or in front of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:24 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Urban Phantom wrote:
...it looks like they've got their act together now. ... It was good customer service, and I give credit where it is due, regardless of who's in charge.

Mine came in about two weeks as well, but I believe time will show that they are still actively protesting PTC with an outrageous deny rate.

I brought my original ID and certificate as well as a copy of both. The woman at the window (who wasn't terribly friendly but not rude) ignored the copies that I handed her first and took the originals which she photocopied. I signed when I got there after being asked to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yep. Both the "bring your originals" and "sign in front of us" are extralegal requirements SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW.

That's not good customer service; it's disregard for the law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:18 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Urban Phantom wrote:

I brought in both my original ID and certificate, and filled out/signed the application there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Urban Phantom wrote:
I brought in both my original ID and certificate, and filled out/signed the application there.

That's what I did when I turned my application in at the Brown County SO. The female Deputy looked at my certificate and saw that it wasn't altered, then said to me, "I'll be back in a couple minutes, I'm gonna make some copies of these." 8)

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:49 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Yep. Both the "bring your originals" and "sign in front of us" are extralegal requirements SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW.

That's not good customer service; it's disregard for the law.

Had I realized at the time what a pile of BS Ramsey County is shoveling onto it's most law abiding citizens by creating unnecessary requirements, I probably would have spent the extra time and hassle to leave my originals and home and have the application signed before I walked in the door.

Oh well, I guess I will have my son do that when he goes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.