Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:15 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hennepin County - 26 days 
 Post subject: Hennepin County - 26 days
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 am 
Longtime Regular

My fiance's permit arrived in about 26 days. I went with her for moral support when she turned it in, she didn't get hassled or anything unsavory.

So that will be nice both of us having the permit. Less potential for a gun in the car being pinned to somebody with no permit now.

She says she doesn't want to carry yet, and wants to take a few training classes before she makes that decision. I can't argue with her logic there. She knows her level of experience and I am proud of her for being honest with herself about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am 

I'm crossing my fingers for mine showing up today then!

Post subject: Re: Hennepin County - 26 days
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:38 pm 

EJSG19 wrote:
My fiance's permit arrived in about 26 days. I went with her for moral support when she turned it in, she didn't get hassled or anything unsavory.

So that will be nice both of us having the permit. Less potential for a gun in the car being pinned to somebody with no permit now.

She says she doesn't want to carry yet, and wants to take a few training classes before she makes that decision. I can't argue with her logic there. She knows her level of experience and I am proud of her for being honest with herself about it.

Consider yourself lucky that your wife doesn't have the "Your gun's going to jump out of it's holster and starting shooting our son in the face!" syndrome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Its been a two year process from "I don't want to see that thing in the same room as me," to "I have really been wanting to go to the range lately."

I consider myself blessed and lucky to be able to chip away at the issue over time.

Informed = not afraid. Tricky part is how you inform without increasing the fear or dislike.

Mine was basically by having fun going to the range, then when she saw me having fun and seemed to support it, I offered to take her along and then we'd go out to eat afterward and make a night of it. Then I plotted and schemed without end to plant little seeds here and there, hoping she'd spend some time thinking about things.

Just happened she sort of landed on my side of the thinking.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.