Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rice County -- 2 DAYS!!! 
 Post subject: Rice County -- 2 DAYS!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:46 pm 

Holy Crap!!! God Bless Sheriff Richard A Cook!!!

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:59 pm 

Is this a record?

Harland, do you know the sheriff or was this an "emergency" permit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:39 pm 

nutflush24 wrote:
Is this a record?

Harland, do you know the sheriff or was this an "emergency" permit?

No emergency -- Maybe a record here!

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

I read that as 'not an emergency' permit...........is that correct?

If so, I do hope that you send them a email or letter of thanks for being on the ball.......so to speak.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 pm 

Hunter07 wrote:
I read that as 'not an emergency' permit...........is that correct?

If so, I do hope that you send them a email or letter of thanks for being on the ball.......so to speak.

Correct. There was no emergency. Perhaps I will do just that (send them a letter of thanks.) It's always refreshing when public servants actually do serve the public, and especially this quickly and hassle-free. Then again, I'm pretty darn law-abiding. :wink:

-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

That's pretty cool for them to issue a P2C so fast! :shock:

I still have a hard time believing that since, well..........most Sheriff's Departments take 'forever' (the mandated 30 days)....... :?

Kudos to them! 8)

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm 

Government working this fast?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:25 pm 
1911 tainted

Nicollet county has done at least 3 applications that were turned in on a Monday and the applicant got their permit in the mail on Thursday. Maybe their have been more in that time frame, but I am only aware of 3 in Nicollet county. I do know of one applicant to either Brown or LeSueur county, I don't actually remember which, but applied on Monday and received theirs in the mail on Wednesday.

So in your case, I guess you beat the turn around that I am aware of in southern Minnesota. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:32 pm 

Mr. Cook was, if memory serves, among those who wrote to the legislature to advocate closure of the "Gun Show Loophole." I recall that the letter over his signature appeared to have been strongly influenced by the Brady Campaign and made economic use of facts. I would like to believe that this was an isolated event attributable to a temporary suspension of reason, since otherwise, he runs an organized, efficient, service-oriented department. Unlike other department heads in the area, he refrains from vainglorious manipulation of the media.

The list of people presently awaiting trial in Mr. Cook's jail provides insight as to what keeps his department busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:31 am 

MostlyHarmless wrote:
The list of people presently awaiting trial in Mr. Cook's jail provides insight as to what keeps his department busy.

Yeah, we've got some real gems here in Faribault. All the more reason why I feel the need to carry.

(I forgot to mention, I also got a nifty refrigerator magnet shaped like a patrol car with my permit) 8)

-Theodore Roosevelt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.