Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ramsey co taking longer than 30 days to 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm 
The Man

Your Utah permit will work in MN. Obviously, if that doesn't come in time, it won't do you a lot of good, but that's something to think about.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:55 pm 

joelr wrote:
Your Utah permit will work in MN. Obviously, if that doesn't come in time, it won't do you a lot of good, but that's something to think about.

Joel,
I am very much aware of that, however, without a valid and hornored permit, I will not be carrying outside my property in N Mpls.

LOL know any one interested in a house on the North side?

As long as I can sell it for what I owe on the mortgage and walk away no having to pony up anything additional... I just need to get it sold and not lose any money on it...

To everyone out there, I may come across as a smart ass, however, I do respect everyone on this board, especially you Joel, we may have met many a times at the number of Minicon's I have attended from the 80's to the mid 90's. I wish to thank each and everyone in MN that has made the MPPA what it is, you have my utmost respect.

-Gordon Novotny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:21 pm 

gungirl wrote:
gungirl29 wrote:
Maybe evil people won't follow the law, but should the Sheriff's department make it easy for them and just hand out gun permits to anyone that wants them just because they CAN have them? I COULD drive with my feet on the steering wheel, but it doesn't exactly make it a good idea.

You can disagree with whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is the people that work in law enforcement are required to do extensive background checks. You don't do their jobs everyday, so it is easy for you to sit at home on your computer and talk about how things should be done. If it is that much of a problem for you, write to your congressman and see if you can get things changed.

Just for the record ... that's not me. I'd have picked a more unique nickname, but I was having issues that day. ;)

Obviously it's not you because there is a 29 at the end. I think everyone in here is smart enough to know that....comment was a little unecessary. You can always change your name to something else :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm 

pony gun wrote:
joelr wrote:
Yup. The report is here.

Total applications (excluding Ramsey County) in 2007: 8684
Total denials (excluding Ramsey County) in 2007: 107

Denial rate, rest of the state: 1.2 % Hennepin, the biggest county, has a 3.25% denial rate; the majority of counties have a 0% denial rate.

Ramsey applications: 634
Ramsey denials: 87

Ramsey denial rate 13.5%

Something is rotten in the county of Ramsey. If you want to see more evidence of that, take a look at the financials in the BCA report.

Looking at Ramsey county BCA stat's for '07, it appears as though they could use an elected Sheriff, perhaps?

Anoka county on the other hand shows a 10 to 1 profit margin on processing permits for '07. Interesting statistic for a public service...

FYI, I just recieved my permit card today from Anoka when I applied with cash on the 29th of April. 30 days perfect timing. :?:

Did you mean to say appointed, because last time I checked the Sheriff was elected in Ramsey County?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 pm 
The Man

Yup; the sheriff is elected. Given some of his demonstrable incompetence*, I understand why some people would want somebody appointed to the position, or it be decided by a game of Slapjack among contenders, but it is, in fact, an elected position, and I think, all in all, that's probably a good thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:29 pm 
The Man

novogk wrote:
joelr wrote:

Joel,
I am very much aware of that, however, without a valid and hornored permit, I will not be carrying outside my property in N Mpls.

LOL know any one interested in a house on the North side?

As long as I can sell it for what I owe on the mortgage and walk away no having to pony up anything additional... I just need to get it sold and not lose any money on it...

To everyone out there, I may come across as a smart ass, however, I do respect everyone on this board, especially you Joel, we may have met many a times at the number of Minicon's I have attended from the 80's to the mid 90's. I wish to thank each and everyone in MN that has made the MPPA what it is, you have my utmost respect.

-Gordon Novotny
Thanks, Gordon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Received permit today
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:10 pm 

Received Ramsey Co renewal today
now just waiting for Utah permit.
I read online the 60 days dont start till the credit card is charged.
they must be busy, it took 4 weeks for charges to show.
I hope they dont discontinue out of state permits like someone posted.

Post subject: Re: Received permit today
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

wtfgh wrote:
Received Ramsey Co renewal today
now just waiting for Utah permit.
I read online the 60 days dont start till the credit card is charged.
they must be busy, it took 4 weeks for charges to show.
I hope they dont discontinue out of state permits like someone posted.

I just got my UT permit last week after 2 full months since they received the app.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 am 
Journeyman Member

gungirl29 wrote:
gungirl wrote:
gungirl29 wrote:
Maybe evil people won't follow the law, but should the Sheriff's department make it easy for them and just hand out gun permits to anyone that wants them just because they CAN have them? I COULD drive with my feet on the steering wheel, but it doesn't exactly make it a good idea.

You can disagree with whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is the people that work in law enforcement are required to do extensive background checks. You don't do their jobs everyday, so it is easy for you to sit at home on your computer and talk about how things should be done. If it is that much of a problem for you, write to your congressman and see if you can get things changed.

Just for the record ... that's not me. I'd have picked a more unique nickname, but I was having issues that day. ;)

Obviously it's not you because there is a 29 at the end. I think everyone in here is smart enough to know that....comment was a little unecessary. You can always change your name to something else :lol:

Sometimes really similar names are confusing if people aren't reading carefully. And as far as I'm aware, I can't change it, and I was here first. No need to get snippy about it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 am 
Longtime Regular

gungirl wrote:
Sometimes really similar names are confusing if people aren't reading carefully. And as far as I'm aware, I can't change it, and I was here first. No need to get snippy about it. ;)

It is easy for you to say that while sitting at home typing on your computer. Why don't you to becoming a forum admin and then see what your opinion is.

:P :P :P :D 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 am 
Journeyman Member

jaysong wrote:
gungirl wrote:

It is easy for you to say that while sitting at home typing on your computer. Why don't you to becoming a forum admin and then see what your opinion is.

:P :P :P :D 8)

I have been a forum admin ... and I did it while sitting at home typing on my computer! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm about to fix this by changing "gungirl" and "gungirl29" to "Gertrude" and "Hortense."

Alternately, if either would like to PM me and request a name change, I'd be happy to oblige.

Y'all have a nice day, now.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:23 pm 
Delicate Flower

Spoke with a friend...........Ramsey Co 2 wks and 1 day for his renewal permit to arrive in his mailbox. He applied 2 wks ago yesterday and it arrived today.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 am 

joelr wrote:
Yup; the sheriff is elected. Given some of his demonstrable incompetence*, I understand why some people would want somebody appointed to the position, or it be decided by a game of Slapjack among contenders, but it is, in fact, an elected position, and I think, all in all, that's probably a good thing.

Yes you are correct, sorry for the err of my way's joelr.

This is an excerpt from the Minneapolis Trib on May 8th:

Quote:
"The 17-member Ramsey County Charter Commission, an obscure independent group, is set to vote tonight on a ballot question that would make the sheriff one of only about 10 nationwide to be appointed by county managers rather than elected.

If a majority approves, the question will go to voters in November."

Again my appologies joelr and thank you for correcting it for me. :oops:

Last edited by pony gun on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:13 am 
Wise Elder

Ramsey County: 35 days.
Just jerking me around. No neighborhood interviews.
For me, the NICS check normally takes 1 second after my dealer stops talking.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.