Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Ramsey co taking longer than 30 days to 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Did they demand to see originals as well as copies of the documents? That's one of their favorite illegal tactics to hassle applicants.

Yes they did: having read their website rather than the actual statute I was prepared with both. Next time I renew I'll have to remember to bring A) copies of my paperwork, but not the originals and 2) copies of the statute. And maybe wear a couple of extra guns, just for fun . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:46 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Hopefully there'll be a different sheriff there by the time you renew, Bruce.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Depends on when the FBI gets around to indicting the future "Mr." Fletcher. I hear it won't be all that long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 pm 

JimO wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered; Aren't Sheriff departments special because they are located in Court Houses? I'm pretty sure I can't carry into the Wright County Sheriff's office to do any business for this reason. I'm pretty sure there's a note about it at the entrance too.

Of course I could just be in need of education. (BTW, Wright County Sheriff Gary Miller is very professional -- my permit process took a little over a week.)

JimO

Wright County became on the up and up once they got rid of that terrorist Sheriff known as Wolff.

Post subject: Renewal response
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 am 

FYI, my Hennepin County renewal permit arrived in less than 3 weeks from application submission, and almost a month before the expiration date.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm 
Delicate Flower

from a student that applied in Ramsey Co.

Quote:
It arrived today....................6th to the 17th............not bad as that included two weekends...........7 business days total...........................

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:08 pm 
Journeyman Member

Submitted my renewal on the 13th of June, it arrived today. The letter that came with the permit was dated June 20(Friday), was probably mailed on Monday...11 days, not bad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Color me shocked: I renewed 6/5, the Sheriff's letter was dated 6/20 and it was postmarked 6/23, so they mailed it in only 18 days.

Post subject: Re: Renewal response
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:47 pm 

John Caile SDI training wrote:
FYI, my Hennepin County renewal permit arrived in less than 3 weeks from application submission, and almost a month before the expiration date.

John, does HennCo still ask for the originals only? And then charge cash for them to make copies themselves? They did when I got my original permit, I have yet to need to renew.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:08 pm 
On time out

As I posted elsewhere, Ramsey Cty renewal. delivered July 11, returned by mail july 24 with the card dated july 21. I asked if I could pick it up, and I think she may have tried to call my cell phone as I have a 651 224 xxxx number on my phone that just goes to a fax. so 13 days. including two weekends. Not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apparently they are so busy hassling some people that they have to deal expeditiously with the squeaky cleanest applicants like you. :)

1911fan wrote:
As I posted elsewhere, Ramsey Cty renewal. delivered July 11, returned by mail july 24 with the card dated july 21. I asked if I could pick it up, and I think she may have tried to call my cell phone as I have a 651 224 xxxx number on my phone that just goes to a fax. so 13 days. including two weekends. Not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:36 pm 
The Man

1911fan wrote:
Sure. I don't think there's any question that they process some applications expeditiously; they do. The problem is that they commit all those faux pas that have been documented before, including lying on official documents as to how many applications they deny, and the reasons that they do it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:56 pm 
On time out

I was not disputing that guys, only saying that in the interest of equal time, they DID get one done faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm 
The Man

1911fan wrote:
I was not disputing that guys, only saying that in the interest of equal time, they DID get one done faster.
Sure. And, honest, if I thought there was something wrong with you saying that, I'd not have hidden that criticism under a bushel.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.