Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Scott County - exactly 30 days + bonus materials - 1 day 
 Post subject: Scott County - exactly 30 days + bonus materials - 1 day
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:37 pm 

Today was day 30 and the permit was waiting in the mailbox.

The permit is a laminated card - much nicer than my old Indiana permit (think thin, flimsy like one "part" from a multi-part form, 5" x 8"...) but not nearly as nice as my old Hennepin County one (printed plastic).

Also included was a small booklet with various information on the state guns laws, guns in general, gun safety, etc. Although it appears to have been done with the best of intentions it is a little aggravating to see a couple of "gems" slipped in - the 43 times "fact", numerous references as a concealed carry permit even though it also mentions "concealed" is not part of the law, etc.

I also "lost" a day - my new expiration date is one day earlier than my old (for example: Aug 11, 2013 versus Aug 12, 2008). Instead of adding 5 to 2008 and getting 2013 they must be adding 5 x 365 to get the new date and since there is a leap day in 2012 it moves the date 1 day earlier...

Post subject: Re: Scott County - exactly 30 days + bonus materials - 1 day
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

My Scott Co license was 30 days too. The first one I got in Nov '07 was not laminated. The second one, in February I think, was. The booklet has been included for quite a long time from what I understand, since the Sheriff Menden days.

Indy wrote:
Today was day 30 and the permit was waiting in the mailbox.

The permit is a laminated card - much nicer than my old Indiana permit (think thin, flimsy like one "part" from a multi-part form, 5" x 8"...) but not nearly as nice as my old Hennepin County one (printed plastic).

Also included was a small booklet with various information on the state guns laws, guns in general, gun safety, etc.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

One day is not huge deal IMHO.

Ramsey CO handed out a similar book when you dropped off your permit. I keep this in my car incase you need to explain the law to a LEO. They can't argue with an issuing sheriff on the law right ;)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.