Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hubbard County Turn Around Time 
 Post subject: Hubbard County Turn Around Time
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:28 am 

Up here it has worked out so far if you turn in everything Monday,by the next Monday you get the call to stop by and pick up your Permit!

Both my wifes and mine worked that way as did my three cousins and also with each of the six other nurses my wife talked into taking the course so they would have something better than a whistle or can of spray with them.

Something to be said for Outstate/Up North or could it be that the county has only 13,850+ total population?

Mike

Last edited by Park Rapids Mike on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:36 am 
Longtime Regular

That is nice... other then they should mail it to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Do they offer to allow, or insist, that you pick up the permit? The law requires them to mail it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:09 pm 
Delicate Flower

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Do they offer to allow, or insist, that you pick up the permit? The law requires them to mail it.

Unless of course they personally deliver it

Quote:
(c) Upon issuing a permit to carry, the sheriff must provide a laminated permit card to the applicant by first class mail unless personal delivery has been made.

:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:48 am 

Yes they will mail it out to you but they give you a call ASAP when it hit's the clerks desk in charge of sending them out.
Reason being it's in your hand right after it's signed by the Sheriff!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 am 

Sheriff Mills, and Sheriff Johnson before him, were shall issue types prior to the MPPA and used their discretion wisely. Had the rest of the Sheriff's and Chiefs of Police around the state been as wise, the MPPA would never have been necessary.

One of the unintended consequences of the MPPA was that the number of permit holders actually dropped in Hubbard, as well as some other out-state counties, after the passage. The cost for training in addition to the increased permit fee added a financial burden that many of the lower income locals couldn't afford. Unfortunately, some of these folks are the ones that really need the protection.

The cost in Hubbard county should also be noted as it is $75 for the initial and the renewal permit. This is quite a bit less than most.

The area around the hospital was the sight of a murder not too long ago, as you probably know. Some poor old fellow killed for his pull tab winnings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 am 

Not to mention that girl killed over in Green Acres.
The robbery at Ortons by the meth-head couple.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 am 
Forum Moderator

B-One wrote:
One of the unintended consequences of the MPPA was that the number of permit holders actually dropped in Hubbard, as well as some other out-state counties, after the passage. The cost for training in addition to the increased permit fee added a financial burden that many of the lower income locals couldn't afford. Unfortunately, some of these folks are the ones that really need the protection.

Well, just a blatant plug.... I am in the DetLks area (Pelican Lake) and do classes at my residence...and also go "on the road" so folks can get the class w/o much gas $$. I would be glad to come over to Park Rapids and present the class....

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:25 am 
Delicate Flower

phorvick wrote:
B-One wrote:

Well, just a blatant plug.... I am in the DetLks area (Pelican Lake) and do classes at my residence...and also go "on the road" so folks can get the class w/o much gas $$. I would be glad to come over to Park Rapids and present the class....

B-One

Best jump on that offer :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 pm 

Two permits were applied for July 21 2008.
Sheriff signed them August 15 2008.
Desk monkey mailed both approved permits on August 22 2008(by the canceled stamp from the Park Rapids Post Office and from call to the workers desk about the permits).She said that she just took them over to the PO to be mailed out.
Permits were delivered August 23 2008.

Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.