Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sherburne County, anyone? 
 Post subject: Sherburne County, anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 pm 

Does anyone have experience with Sherburne County? I will be applying for mine next week and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03 pm 

My permit came on the 15th day and was in an envelope all alone, no literature or letter. It's a laminated paper card.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:23 pm 

I believe my permit came with 1 page of literature about the rights and responsibilities that came with having the permit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:43 pm 

I was curious how our sheriff felt about issuing the permits just because of the difference in attitudes about it, but with no literature or letter I still have no clue.

It is also the full $100 fee in Sherburne county, to add as much information as I can think of for people wondering/searching.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 am 

I have my carry permit and I'll be moving from Hennepin to Sherburne this weekend. I know there's a 30 day time frame. I've moved once within Hennepin county and I was able to do everything online. I can't find anything online for Sherburne. Do I have to make the painful trip to the sheriff's office to complete the address change?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 am 
Longtime Regular

You have a Hennepin permit. All interactions concerning THIS five-year permit are between you and Hennepin County.

Just send them a letter:

Code:
Dear Sheriff,
I have a Minnesota Permit to Carry, number 12345, issued by your office on June 1, 2004. As required in MN Stat 624.714, Subd. 7a, I hereby notify you of my change of address. My new address is 123 Main St., Elk River, MN 55330.

Sincerely,
Blackriv73

Blackriv73 wrote:
I have my carry permit and I'll be moving from Hennepin to Sherburne this weekend. I know there's a 30 day time frame. I've moved once within Hennepin county and I was able to do everything online. I can't find anything online for Sherburne. Do I have to make the painful trip to the sheriff's office to complete the address change?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 am 
Longtime Regular

You notify the issuing sheriff of the move, not the one you're moving to. If Hennepin issued your original permit, that's where you notify of the move.

darn you and your quick responses, Rothman :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 am 

Perfect, thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.