Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 OC'ing Soccer Mom sues Sherrif 
 Post subject: OC'ing Soccer Mom sues Sherrif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 pm 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27897639/

How long till this happens here...I hope there are financial consequences for this Sheriff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hard to believe A LOT of her friends & neighbors are treating her like crap.

Discrimination against a pro gun woman.
Judge had no right to critisize her either
I hope that cop and town need a bail out from Washington after the trial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:40 pm 

Quote:

Wow! No kidding. How does the Judge know this?
Quote:
although the judge who restored her permit questioned her judgment and said she "scared the devil" out of others who attended the Sept. 11 soccer game.

What about the others that might not have been "scared the devil" out of? So, are these soccer events school sponsered? Could there be an issue if it was?

Also, is this a carry permit state or a concealed carry state because the news article is making it a concealed carry issue. I take it because she was carrying openly, that makes her a danger to public safety? I guess anyone that openly carries is a danger to society. :P :roll:

Quote:
DeLeo said at Hain's Oct. 14 appeal that he revoked her permit after fielding the parents' complaints. He said he based his decision on a state law that prohibits concealed-weapons permits from being given to people whose character and reputation make them a danger to public safety.

“I reckon so”
- Outlaw Josey Wales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 am 
Longtime Regular

I happened to see a video of her on a phone-in talk show. She was up against two opponents and had one guy on her side. The guy on her side was not much help but she did a nice job of holding her own considering she is not a public speaker, just an ordinary citizen. Apparently she is fully within the law in what she did and nobody had complained after she had attended many games armed. I believe her husband is a cop too. Also nobody to my knowledge had the “devil scared out of them”. I think when the incident happened she was wearing a cover jacket but it was not buttoned up so you could see the gun if you looked hard. It was according to PA law legal however, she apparently did not need to conceal completely. The sheriff overreacted and the judge escalated the situation by his comments. I hope she sues the crap out of them and wins.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:46 am 
On time out

maccracken wrote:
Quote:

Wow! No kidding. How does the Judge know this?
Quote:
although the judge who restored her permit questioned her judgment and said she "scared the devil" out of others who attended the Sept. 11 soccer game.

What about the others that might not have been "scared the devil" out of? So, are these soccer events school sponsered? Could there be an issue if it was?

Also, is this a carry permit state or a concealed carry state because the news article is making it a concealed carry issue. I take it because she was carrying openly, that makes her a danger to public safety? I guess anyone that openly carries is a danger to society. :P :roll:

Quote:
DeLeo said at Hain's Oct. 14 appeal that he revoked her permit after fielding the parents' complaints. He said he based his decision on a state law that prohibits concealed-weapons permits from being given to people whose character and reputation make them a danger to public safety.

I looked to see if PA is open carry. After reading the link below, I think they are conceal (only).

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/pe ... e-laws.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 am 
Longtime Regular

In PA everybody eligible to own a firearm (age, criminal and mental health history, the ususal) may open carry. No permit is needed to open carry. A permit is needed to carry concealed & it is wise to have the permit even if open carrying because without one, hiding your gun becomes a crime (like tying your sweater around your waist and inadvertantly covering your OWB or carrying a sack of rice under you arm at the store and inadvertantly covering). .. it is like the opposite of our law in MN. Where in MN your permit to carry is arguably best exercised concealed and if you print or show it isn't a crime, in PA if you cover without a permit you are in trouble. So you get the permit because it is cheap and easy & affords you the same freedom to carry open or concealed that you'd enjoy in MN.
Quote:
It was according to PA law legal however, she apparently did not need to conceal completely.
If she didn't have the cover garment, she wouldn't even need the permit. Whebn the sherriff revoked her permit, he was in essence demanding that she carry openly, but has no legal ability to keep her from carrying (unlesss he charges her with a prohibiting crime or can get some doc to sign commitment papers on her).

I should add, I grew up in IL and started carrying during my time living in PA. My PA permit expired in Oct and I elected not to renew but I am still on mailing lists for carry issues out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:29 pm 

Unless there is something we don't know about this, I would think that her childern will get a contribution to their college fund...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:27 am 
Longtime Regular

maccracken wrote:
... I guess anyone that openly carries is a danger to society. :P :roll:

You mean like cops? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:45 pm 

Macx wrote:
My PA permit expired in Oct and I elected not to renew but I am still on mailing lists for carry issues out there.

Why didn't you renew? Sheriff Nau in Centre County will do permits by mail for only $26 and a SASE. Very quick serivce too.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/lice ... cation.asp

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.