Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 National Park carry blocked by federal judge 
 Post subject: National Park carry blocked by federal judge
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:51 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Link

Story doesn't have details yet on the legal arguments used.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm 

What a joke :evil:

I can't wait to see the twisted logic that brought this judge to this decision. If they don't want them in parks then BHO should just reverse the executive order.

I guess he would rather the courts do his dirty work :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

The judge is an interesting one...she was appointed by Clinton, but she's also the current head of the FISC (the court which deals with the notorious FISA warrants).

Hard to say WHAT her political motivation is. Read the entire article, the administration is currently backing the Bush-instated rule. Don't blame BHO based on party unless you know what's going on.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 pm 

So what's the chance of people being allowed to carry in parks?

Looks like there's a April 20th deadline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:46 am 

mrokern wrote:
Don't blame BHO based on party unless you know what's going on.

I think this par for the course for the Obama administration! IMHO this is the classic incrementalism of the anti gunners who know they will loose a very public debate on the 2A. It is becoming clear this is the tact this administration is following, be it Eric Holder's test balloon on the AWB or the DOD trying to ban the sale of fired brass.

BHO does not want spend the political capital on gun issues right now while he is trying to push the rest of his agenda. But don't fool yourself, BHO and his administration are no friends of gun owners and this has nothing to do with party and everything to do with the man from Illinois and his record.

If there is any upside to the current economic mess we are in, it is doing a great job of making gun issues a low priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

Unbelievable.

The judge issued the injunction because the Interior Department didn't conduct an environmental impact review, which would have contemplated the possible "harmful environmental effects" of implementing this rule change.

Here's her decision.

My initial layman's analysis here.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 am 
Longtime Regular

realtor_packing_heat wrote:
mrokern wrote:
Don't blame BHO based on party unless you know what's going on.

I think this par for the course for the Obama administration! IMHO this is the classic incrementalism of the anti gunners who know they will loose a very public debate on the 2A. It is becoming clear this is the tact this administration is following, be it Eric Holder's test balloon on the AWB or the DOD trying to ban the sale of fired brass.

BHO does not want spend the political capital on gun issues right now while he is trying to push the rest of his agenda. But don't fool yourself, BHO and his administration are no friends of gun owners and this has nothing to do with party and everything to do with the man from Illinois and his record.

If there is any upside to the current economic mess we are in, it is doing a great job of making gun issues a low priority.

I agree BHO is no friend of us, but this instance has nothing to do with the administration.

Don't mistake my constant badgering of folks to play fair with support of the anti agenda. I just happen to hate Fox News as much as I hate MSNBC. They're both wrong.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.