Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 NFA laws repealed? April Fools! 
 Post subject: NFA laws repealed? April Fools!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 am 

I just got an e-mail stating that the 7th Circuit overturned the NFA laws and that fully autos are legal again. I can't find any mention on the internet. Can anyone confirm? Here is the body of the e-mail:

NFA laws have been repealed through a long standing court battle in the 7th US Circuit Court. The president of TGSCOM had sued the federal government on the grounds that the NFA law violated the Second Amendment of the Constitution. After heated and lengthy oral arguments, TGSCOM is now able to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public without tax stamps and the additional background check. The one stipulation to the agreement is that fully automatic rifles will be treated like handguns in that they will require a purchaser of 21 and older, the firearm must be transferred in the state of their residence (same as handguns) and that the buyer must submit to all regulations in the state of their residence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 am 

I guess I would question my source if I could not find anything else about it anywhere.

I hope it is true, I know what my next purchase would be :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 am 
On time out

read the date of the email. What day is today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:28 am 

1911fan wrote:
read the date of the email. What day is today.

Very observant, can't believe I missed that. :oops: Now at least I am ready for the rest of the pranks today :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 am 

I haven't been had in years. . . late night . . too much work and too much Obama lately. Thanks guys, you just crushed my last glimmering hope. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.