Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Budget cuts could mean more CCWs for crime control! 
 Post subject: Budget cuts could mean more CCWs for crime control!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I love this article.

Quote:
http://cbs13.com/local/The.Scoop.Sacramento.2.1042825.html

The Scoop: Sacramento County Weapons Permits
R.E. Graswich

Budget cuts could mean fewer Sacramento County deputies on the street. And those cuts could lead the sheriff to take some drastic measures, leading to more guns on the street.

Law abiding citizens could possibly get the right to carry concealed weapons in Sacramento County - protecting yourself and your family if budget cuts wipe about 300 sheriff's deputies off the streets.

Easy acquisition of concealed weapons permits for law abiding residents is one idea being considered by Sheriff John McGinness, whose ranks could be decimated by cuts under debate by the county supervisors.

The Sheriff's frustration with the budget is making him re-evaluate the consequences of easy access to concealed weapons permits. If the Sheriff loses more than 300 deputies and support personnel, his agency can't investigate property crimes - leaving the community extremely vulnerable to criminals.

Right now, it's difficult to get a concealed weapons permit in Sacramento County. A law enforcement committee examines each application. McGinness stays out of the process. But budget cuts could force the system to be streamlined.

The Sheriff hasn't finalized his plans, but a shrinking Sheriff's department could mean you'll have to defend yourself - and you might be able to get the permit to do it.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Post subject: Re: Budget cuts could mean more CCWs for crime control!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

AGoodDay wrote:
I love this article.

Quote:
http://cbs13.com/local/The.Scoop.Sacramento.2.1042825.html

The Scoop: Sacramento County Weapons Permits
R.E. Graswich

Budget cuts could mean fewer Sacramento County deputies on the street. And those cuts could lead the sheriff to take some drastic measures, leading to more guns on the street.

Law abiding citizens could possibly get the right to carry concealed weapons in Sacramento County - protecting yourself and your family if budget cuts wipe about 300 sheriff's deputies off the streets.

Easy acquisition of concealed weapons permits for law abiding residents is one idea being considered by Sheriff John McGinness, whose ranks could be decimated by cuts under debate by the county supervisors.

The Sheriff's frustration with the budget is making him re-evaluate the consequences of easy access to concealed weapons permits. If the Sheriff loses more than 300 deputies and support personnel, his agency can't investigate property crimes - leaving the community extremely vulnerable to criminals.

Right now, it's difficult to get a concealed weapons permit in Sacramento County. A law enforcement committee examines each application. McGinness stays out of the process. But budget cuts could force the system to be streamlined.

The Sheriff hasn't finalized his plans, but a shrinking Sheriff's department could mean you'll have to defend yourself - and you might be able to get the permit to do it.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

The implication here is laughable. That with those 300 deputies or ever 3000 they could have protected you from criminals.

Short of stationing a deputy at every doorstep, that's an extremely faulty assumption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh no! Don't slow the torrent of tax dollars, or we'll allow people more civil rights!

Win-win. Bre'er Rabbit, meet briar patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 am 

Also, the idea that a thing (concealed carry permits, in this case) which exists at the whim of an elected official (the sheriff, in this case) could be considered by anyone to be a right is completely and utterly ridiculous. A right given by the state, which may be taken away with little or no notice in the future, is no right!

Mind you, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be in line on the first day they are available...

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.