Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Democrats Defeat Concealed Weapons Amendment 
 Post subject: Re: Democrats Defeat Concealed Weapons Amendment
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

Well from this side of the river I have one yea and one nay. Feingold voted for and Kohl (who is worthless) voted against. I'm starting to like Russ for the most part. I also have to echo Mark. It seems the anti gun folk whether D or R pretty consistently vote for increasing .gov and against leaving us alone.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 pm 
Journeyman Member

So now we see what Franken's "I support the 2A" statement really means.

For crying out loud.... I would have far more respect for the man if he admitted he was anti-gun and voted his conscience, even if I don't agree with it than what he's doing now, which is a classic politician who says one thing during the election and does another in office.

Post subject: Re: Klobe and Franken
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 am 

Tabsr wrote:
Will you vote for thier relection?

I didn't vote for either one the first time, why would I change my mind when they're voting against my wishes?

They are NOT representing me. THIS is the fact that we need to get across - neither one is representing US.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:26 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm not concerned. This was not a good bill. Next time, we will make a better one.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Who voted for Franken? Those that weren't paying attention to the polls just before the election and voted for the third party candidate. That's who.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:30 am 
Raving Moderate

gunflint wrote:
Who voted for Franken? Those that weren't paying attention to the polls just before the election and voted for the third party candidate. That's who.

I assume that includes those of us who could not in good conscience vote for the Republican (this time) slimebag Coleman, or the equally loathsome Democrat Franken?

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 am 
Longtime Regular

The problem is that the electoral process does not reward leadership abilities. Instead, it rewards folks who are skilled in manipulating others, and whose "views" are simply a mixed basket of sound bites designed to appeal to a mixture of demographics sufficent to tally enough votes to get elected.

Frankin's biggest accomplishment was to get the Dem nomination, and he owes them big time right now. He scored a position on the Judiciary Committee, which I think is unusual for the most junior of Senators. The Dems must see him as a real team player, instead of an independent thinker like the Blue Dogs. :cry:

I still don't think he's 'anti gun". I think he doesn't give a sh*t about guns at all, one way or the other. He's just pro-Al.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
The problem is that the electoral process does not reward leadership abilities. Instead, it rewards folks who are skilled in manipulating others, and whose "views" are simply a mixed basket of sound bites designed to appeal to a mixture of demographics sufficent to tally enough votes to get elected.

Frankin's biggest accomplishment was to get the Dem nomination, and he owes them big time right now. He scored a position on the Judiciary Committee, which I think is unusual for the most junior of Senators. The Dems must see him as a real team player, instead of an independent thinker like the Blue Dogs. :cry:

I still don't think he's 'anti gun". I think he doesn't give a sh*t about guns at all, one way or the other. He's just pro-Al.

+1,000,000, give or take.

He's seriously beholden to the party for helping in the court battle (not to mention the spot on the Judiciary Committee :shock: ).

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm 
Forum Moderator

Jeremiah wrote:
gunflint wrote:

I assume that includes those of us who could not in good conscience vote for the Republican (this time) slimebag Coleman, or the equally loathsome Democrat Franken?

I"m sympathetic to the dilemma but, yeah, that's the (predictable) result!

And the Dems have Ralph Nader to thank for Bush!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 am 
Raving Moderate

Greg wrote:
And the Dems have Ralph Nader to thank for Bush!

Undoubtedly. Ralph could do the world a lot of good by supergluing his lips together...

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.