Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Palin running for Prez, or........ 
 Post subject: Palin running for Prez, or........
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:16 pm 
1911 tainted

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Or will Pawlenty and Palin run for President on the same ticket?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Palin running for Prez, or........
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Or will Pawlenty and Palin run for President on the same ticket?

I hope not. I'd want to be able to vote for Pawlenty, and I'm not doing it with her on the ticket. :?

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:20 pm 

mrokern wrote:

I hope not. I'd want to be able to vote for Pawlenty, and I'm not doing it with her on the ticket. :?

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 pm 
1911 tainted

atripp wrote:
mrokern wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Interesting. The only reason I voted for McCain was because of Palin....

And I am not so sure I would vote for Pawlenty, on his merits alone.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
atripp wrote:
mrokern wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Interesting. The only reason I voted for McCain was because of Palin....

And I am not so sure I would vote for Pawlenty, on his merits alone.....

To each their own. I think there are a lot of us under the label of conservative, each with our own ideas which way the GOP should go.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:32 am 
Gun-Toting Liberal

I started out liking her for the most part and was one of the reasons I voted Republican but as time has gone on I have found her to be more like the hot chick with issues. Great short term fun but not someone I want to have a long term relationship with.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:33 am 

She's politically dead now, jumping ship in the middle of term is just stupid. Maybe I could understand resigning if she were to start the active portion of a campaign but 3+ years out, she should have finished her term.
I think she helped McCain and got some excitement going for him, besides the fact she was the most qualified of the 4 names on the tickets.
She may still be useful as a fundraiser in a Billy Gram style or she'll get a show on Fox for a couple months.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:11 am 
1911 tainted

Mattxd wrote:
...... she'll get a show on Fox for a couple months.

That's an interesting thought.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Mattxd wrote:

That actually would make more sense. Her timing of resignation just isn't in step with a coherent political strategy, were she looking to run for higher office.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

I think she committed political sepeku last week adding ammo to the crazier than a bedbug idea.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
cobb wrote:
Mattxd wrote:

That actually would make more sense. Her timing of resignation just isn't in step with a coherent political strategy, were she looking to run for higher office.

-Mark

I don't think she could handle a show. Jesse Ventura couldn't either. Both of them are the center of their own universe, and can't play with the other kids very well. They both take their ball and go home when things don't go their way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
mrokern wrote:
cobb wrote:
Mattxd wrote:

-Mark

I don't think she could handle a show. Jesse Ventura couldn't either. Both of them are the center of their own universe, and can't play with the other kids very well. They both take their ball and go home when things don't go their way.

Hey, it works for a few other hosts on both sides of the political aisle (coughcoughbilloreillycoughcough). I'm not saying I'd watch, mind you. To quote old Dennis Miller, I get that same creepy feeling that I get when I hear Shatner sing.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, i don't often agree with Billo on substance (or even logic or basic manners), but he has the ability to stay in charge of his show, and not ramble. and people listen in spite of this, because he can do it. Apparently Palin has somke journalism training, but cannot overcome her impulses. A show requires disipline and timing, and a sense of what the larger part of the audience is feeling and an ability to relate to guests.

It's not enought to say "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a liberal" and then just spout rhetoric at a national audience, most of whom will be indifferent. That worked for Jesse in a rasseling arena because it was a specialized audience who wanted to hear his schtick. It works only with a crowd of true believers. It failed horribly with his national show, which never even aired.

Palin is the same thing, I think.

She was used and abused by the Republican party, and is starting to realize what they've done to her. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I thought Palin on the McCain ticket was genius, then she opened her mouth. I'm not saying she's stupid, but, she's not doing anything to prove she isn't.

Resigning? Now? Idiot.

The only chance she has to stay in the running, is to stay in the spotlight. Very hard to do up against the "rockstar" with ~4 years left. Resigning should have been the last ditch effort or the last step before announcing candidacy. Obama will have more "governing" experience than Palin by the next election. He could win reelection on that fact alone.

I have not put much thought into Pawlenty running for Pres/VP. But, if Palin is on the ticket, it will do more harm than good.

Hopefully Palin is just a distractionary tactic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 am 

Palin has been pretty quiet on social conservatism, she doesn't need to rail on it, she lives it. Fiscal conservatism is what the country will be ready for in 2012. That has been her focus for most of her national public life. Obama will have 4 years of experience, all of which will appear bad because deficits will be in the trillions and national debt in the tens of trillions. By her resigning and letting the governor of Alaska be able to govern Alaska instead using Alaskan money with the appearance of running for president for the next two years might be a stroke of genius. Let's face it, no matter what she does she will be attacked vigorously by the left because she will actually attempt to undo what they are achieving now, where a moderate republican will try to minimize damage but keep the programs in place. She is their worst nightmare, I hope she can pull it off.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.