Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Glenn Beck rant 
 Post subject: Glenn Beck rant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

facebook video that requires a log-in here

"Gun Toting Glen" full article here

(there is an audio link at the top of the linked page as well)
Quote:
GLENN: That's right, my friends. From behind my cardboard microphone, allow me to go out on a limb here for just a minute here. I think, theory, I think the media may be slightly out of touch and perhaps no more out of touch in any other area besides guns. To you guns are a constitutional right. They help, you know, protect you, your family, you know, those things. They're something to street with respect. You use them responsibly, they provide peace of mind. But the media lives in Manhattan or Washington D.C. or the little green bubble in Los Angeles. You know, these are the places where, you know, acquiring a gun is more difficult than, you know, looking like me and then acquiring a night with Carrie Underwood. You know what I'm saying? It ain't happening. To me guns do not kill people. To the media guns, not people, are responsible for killing people. They are responsible for all criminal activity in America. It's the evil gun. People who have guns are threats. They are not responsible citizens. But I've learned something else. I had an interview last week with Senator John Thune and I want to play the clip. It starts with audio from Michael Bloomberg and then my reaction. Listen carefully. This is TV last week.

BLOOMBERG: Criminals will be able to contain conceal carry permits and walk the streets carrying handguns. They will be able to walk into bars in restaurants with guns, to be able to go to the movies with guns, and there will be nothing that our police officers can do about it.

GLENN (ARCHIVED): I went to the movie this weekend with a gun and surprise, surprise, I didn't kill anybody.

Post subject: Re: Glenn Beck rant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 pm 

I watched the episode today....

I for one is surprised....It didn't leap out and shoot anyone.....must have been a fluke.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 am 

effin' Bloomberg....typical New York politician has no idea what he's talking about. And how much you wanna bet that he has a well armed security detail (he is he richest guy in New York, ya know!).

I've always enjoyed Mr. Beck. A little over-the-top sometimes, but much of what he says makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 am 

I prefer his radio show. He seems a little more throttled on tv.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 am 

Methinks he's right on, especially the part about people who have guns are a threat. We are. And if this upsets those of the leftist persuasion, then that's the icing on the cake.

Yo, commies, be afraid. Be verry, verry afraid. Because we ARE coming for YOU! :roll:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.