Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Possible great day for WI RKBA crowd 
 Post subject: Possible great day for WI RKBA crowd
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Doyle anounced he would not run for a 3rd term. He vetoed carry permit at least once, might have been twice. An incumbent and major anti in the cheese state calling it quits almost has to be a good thing. Sorry if this is a dupe. I didn't see it on new posts.

Post subject: Re: Possible great day for WI RKBA crowd
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:58 am 

Wish I could be more optimistic, but if my experience as a board member on a Wis gun club is any indication, Doyle's departure won't have much impact. The members of my club don't give a damn about carry other than during deer season. And they're NOT talking about handguns.

I've brought up the need for the membership to support carry legislation in WI. Repeatedly. Virtually no response.

You can lead a horse.... :bang:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Heck with Wisc gun owners then. If sportsmen don't get behind the issue, it's going nowhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:15 pm 

Doyle not running is a good thing. As far as WI gun clubs... it depends on the club. Some are more supportive than others. However, JimC has a valid point: WI hunters need to get on the same page as the rest of us and start supporting all gun rights.

MADFI Certified Instructor (#60)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Will Wisconsin get CCW now?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 am 

Now that Governor Doyle has said he won't run for re-election will Wisconsin finally get CCW passed?

He veto'd it the last time it was passed.

Post subject: Re: Will Wisconsin get CCW now?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

My guess would be: yes. However, the problem that WI has been faced with is that there is no pronounced group like we had in MN (GOCRA) to fight I for them n the right way. When a Legislator in WI wants to pass a carry bill, chances are that they will seek the support/help of the NRA (since there isn’t a pronounced local group). There are a lot of people who would rather keep the NRA off of the issue. No one wants our rights to be sold off, and I'm sure the people of WI feel the same. The open carry movement there has gotten people organized. Hopefully the right people will stand out and stand up.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.