Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Pawlenty for pres??? 
 Post subject: Pawlenty for pres???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 am 
Journeyman Member

Is he still persona non grata over reciprocity?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27785.html

I don't closely follow Mn politics - Is he fiscally conservative and is he keeping within budget?

Post subject: Re: Pawlenty for pres???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:17 am 
Raving Moderate

tommygun wrote:

To my mind, yes- for this and a host of other reasons. To me it's not even "reciprocity", per se. It's "two-timing, lying snake-in-the-grass politician" that's the problem. :roll:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Let him run. He seems to think he can win. He won't even carry his home state.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jeremiah wrote:
tommygun wrote:

To my mind, yes- for this and a host of other reasons. To me it's not even "reciprocity", per se. It's "two-timing, lying snake-in-the-grass politician" that's the problem. :roll:

Well duh.

I do a lot of work in politics and some work for politicians, but I have yet to meet one that does NOT meet that description, and that includes the ones I support.

If you want to keep that standard, you may as well just not show up on Election Day! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm thinking that he's really running for VP. Trying to get some on the job training and national exposure. I can't get ramped up for any of this yet. I'm waiting to see if they run a Republican or a Conservative.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:37 pm 

I hope he does not run. The Rep party needs to run someone that can actually win, not another blank face. I wish the national folks would get their head out of their backside and start grooming someone. I mean they have plenty of material for a platform to start building support.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:57 am 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
I'm thinking that he's really running for VP.

I think he's checked out Palin's backside, and decided he wants to be behind her, all the way to the nomination! :lol:

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
gunflint wrote:
I'm thinking that he's really running for VP.

I think he's checked out Palin's backside, and decided he wants to be behind her, all the way to the nomination! :lol:

Can you blame the man?

I actually think he'd have a decent chance. And of course he won't carry this left wing kook-hole of a state, Minnesota was the only state that didn't carry Reagan. (yet he won in a landslide)

You guys can piss and moan about reciposity and TPaw. Just wait, I'm guessing he's waiting for a little more national spotlight and he'll push to loosen things up a bit for the National Pro-Gun lime light.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 am 
Raving Moderate

kecker wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:
tommygun wrote:

Well duh.

I do a lot of work in politics and some work for politicians, but I have yet to meet one that does NOT meet that description, and that includes the ones I support.

If you want to keep that standard, you may as well just not show up on Election Day! :lol:

:D

Some are worse than others, though- and T-Paw and Norm seem to be two of the worse offenders locally.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 am 
Journeyman Member

He will be visiting Iowa:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/sta ... DEh7P:DiUs

http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/63676937.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28042.html

I have attended the Iowa precinct caucuses and are rather interesting affairs.

They are scheduled for Jan 23, 2010. It will be an extreme hardship to attend this time.

2012 no hardship will be too extreme.

Post subject: pawlenty continues his run?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:06 am 
Journeyman Member

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/64082032.html

Is this guy bordering on rino-dom?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, I'd bet Obama is hoping for another Palin type "real conservative" opponent who likes heath insurance companies, makes an issue of abortion, and makes fun of the environmental movement, and will be sponsered by the likes of Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. :roll: It'll be a repeat of 1964, which ushered in the Great Society.

"Real Conservatives", who spout rehtoric instead of logic , have wrecked the Republican Party IMHO.

Soon we'll have "Real Liberals" running the show, I'm afraid. Fortunately, Obama is not one of them, despite what both parties want us to believe. Bt it'll happen unless we can maintain a balance. Watch and see......

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.