Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 A bill to support -- ranges on public lands 
 Post subject: A bill to support -- ranges on public lands
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:40 pm 
Wise Elder

Quote:
Bill Would Promote New Shooting Ranges: The expansion of America’s urban and suburban areas has crowded out many shooting areas and made it increasingly difficult to find a place to shoot. On September 24, 2009, Senators Mark Udall (D-Colo.) and James Risch (R-Idaho) introduced S. 1702, a bill that would help remedy this problem by promoting the construction and maintenance of target ranges on public lands. The bill would amend the Pittman-Robertson Act, a 70-year-old federal law that uses federal excise taxes on firearms and ammunition to fund wildlife conservation programs and the construction of shooting ranges. The bill’s improvements to the Pittman-Robertson Act would allow the states far greater ability to purchase land, build new target ranges, and improve the ranges that currently exist. Currently, Pittman-Robertson only allows the federal government to use these funds to pay 75 percent of the cost of building or maintaining a range. S. 1702 would change the funding requirements under Pittman–Robertson to allow the federal government to finance up to 90 percent of target range construction and maintenance with Pittman Robertson funds…

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/10/12/bill ... es-s-1702/

Post subject: Re: A bill to support -- ranges on public lands
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 am 

That would be great, but I really question whether or not this will prompt the states to build ranges.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 am 
Wise Elder

BurritoButt wrote:
That would be great, but I really question whether or not this will prompt the states to build ranges.

Missouri will. So will Arizona. Minnesota could.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 am 
Longtime Regular

There's a 585 acre plot of land in Arden Hills that could make a dandy range. It's already full of lead.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:54 pm 

DeanC wrote:
There's a 585 acre plot of land in Arden Hills that could make a dandy range. It's already full of lead.

Is it still in use? I heard from a buddy that it is still used, just not entirely.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.