Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 From the shadows, emerges a lurker… 
 Post subject: From the shadows, emerges a lurker…
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 pm 

I’m not big on posting on forums, but I thought I’d say hi and thank the site owner for having such a great site full of valuable information.

Here is a little info about myself. I’m in my late twenty’s and have been shooting for about three years. Guns were never on my radar but I was always fascinated by them. A friend of mine noticed that there was a shooting range near my work and asked if I wanted to go in and rent some guns with him.

The gun range we went to is the controversial Bill’s north. Lucky for us Theresa was more than willing to take time to show us proper gun safety and how to use a gun. She spent a good amount of time with us and it felt like I took a basic gun safety class without having to pay for it.

As you can probably guess I was hooked and I got my permit to purchase right away. I promised my girlfriend that I’d be happy with just one gun. After I started getting pretty good with it I figured having a carry permit would be a very good idea. Naturally that means I needed another gun because I needed a carry gun.

Of course I also needed an AR-15. Obama is going to ban them as you know. Well, you can’t have an AR without a HWS right? So I bought an Eotech. But what fun is a rifle without being able to take some shots around 100 to 200 yards? So I had to buy a magnifier as well. At this point my girlfriend has given up the gun battle.

I shoot about 100-200 rds through handguns and rifles a month and am always looking to improve. I haven’t done any shotgun shooting but would like to learn sometime soon. I took the intermediate handgun class at Bill’s and look forward to taking the next two. The steel shoot on the 27th that is posted here sounds like fun and is something I haven’t done before. It’s a long drive but I’d like to head over there with my buddy if you guys don’t mind me showing up.

If you’re wondering about my user name, or whatever it’s called, I chose notcleverenough because I’m not cleverenough to come up with anything clever. Hope I didn’t bore you. I’ll try to post something from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 pm 

welcome to the site!

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!

Post subject: Welcome to the forum
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 pm 
Journeyman Member

Well, you didn't bore me, and I am sure you won't bore most of the people here. I am fairly new to this forum but have met a few of the guys in person and have learned alot about others by their posts. You will have a good time here. and again, Welcome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 pm 

Welcome!

I took my carry class there - no complaints. Even picked up my Beretta CX4 there as well :)
b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome! :D

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 pm 

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the forum
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
Well, you didn't bore me, and I am sure you won't bore most of the people here. I am fairly new to this forum but have met a few of the guys in person and have learned alot about others by their posts. You will have a good time here. and again, Welcome!!

And even if you did bore us, you're still welcome.

I mean look at diskdoctr! He bores us but we still let him post! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:26 pm 

Quote:
Welcome!

I took my carry class there - no complaints. Even picked up my Beretta CX4 there as well
b

The first gun I ever shot was a CX4. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I wouldn't mind getting one. Then again, I wouldn't mind getting one of everything. Everything except those Hi-points. I've never shot one but the price tag and the cosmetic look of it makes me skeptical.

I've been bitten by the 1911 bug so that will be my next purchase. All I need is to get a hold of that pesky thing they call money...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm 

Welcome aboard! :)

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:26 am 
Raving Moderate

Welcome!!

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject: Re: From the shadows, emerges a lurker…
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 am 
Poet Laureate

NotCleverEnough wrote:
I promised my girlfriend that I’d be happy with just one gun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NotCleverEnough wrote:
The steel shoot on the 27th that is posted here sounds like fun and is something I haven’t done before. It’s a long drive but I’d like to head over there with my buddy if you guys don’t mind me showing up.

It is fun: Great fun. You'll enjoy it. See you on the 27th! :D
FYI: It goes from about 9:00am to 4:00pm-ish. Kind of a long day, but worthwhile. Bring some lunch or snacks to keep you going.

And water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome!
Quote:
I promised my girlfriend that I’d be happy with just one gun.

as Carbide Insert said "snicker, snicker"

Post subject: Re: From the shadows, emerges a lurker…
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:09 am 

Sounds like you NEED to try IDPA or IPSC!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.