Their FAQ is pretty good.http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-12 ... --,00.html
Man, I didn't realize how good we have it here ...
Do your own reading of course but when I went down this road, the parts I was most interested in were:
1) required to notify police. Remember, non-threatening language should the need arise: "I have a permit to carry and am carrying today, how would you like to proceed?
2) prohibited places: http://michigan.gov/msp/1,1607,7-123-15 ... --,00.html
Pistol Free Areas
1. Schools or school property but may carry while in a vehicle on school property while dropping off or picking up if a parent or legal guardian
2. Public or private day care center, public or private child caring agency, or public or private child placing agency.
3. Sports arena or stadium
4. A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises
5. Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless the presiding official allows concealed weapons
6. An entertainment facility that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or more
7. A hospital
8.A dormitory or classroom of a community college, college, or university
9. A Casino
"Premises" does not include the parking areas of the places listed above in 1 through 8.
Furthermore, effective March 29, 2001, per Administrative Order 2001-1 of the Michigan Supreme Court:
"Weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent with the court's written policy."