Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 I knew a free gun wouldn't be free..... 
 Post subject: I knew a free gun wouldn't be free.....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:42 pm 

I recently got an older S&W pre-model 40 from someone. It led to pocket carry of a J-frame. That led to me buying this so I won't trash the "free" one:

I can't wait to pick it up Thursday.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

You know how it goes so it just gave you a new idea on where to expand in to. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Re: I knew a free gun wouldn't be free.....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:27 pm 
On time out

goalie wrote:
I recently got an older S&W pre-model 40 from someone. It led to pocket carry of a J-frame. That led to me buying this so I won't trash the "free" one:

Your logic frightens & excites me. I haven't felt like this since prom night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:51 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Prolix wrote:
goalie wrote:

Your logic frightens & excites me. I haven't felt like this since prom night.

I am sitting here just wetting my pants - that is the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time.> Oh my g-d... Hysterical

I have ters streaming down my face - beautiful....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Everybody should have a second gun they use instead of "trashing" their good one. Same goes for cars. And maybe spouses :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:10 am 
On time out

Pinnacle wrote:
I am sitting here just wetting my pants - that is the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time.> Oh my g-d... Hysterical

I have ters streaming down my face - beautiful....
Thanks, man. I try :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:25 pm 

Well, my new 638 is now residing comfortably in a Mika pocket holster (the round-bottomed style) and the "vintage" Smith is now officially a "safe-queen" except for special occasions.

Oh, and I got lucky and got one with a really nice trigger. Well, at least really nice for a S&W made after 1970 or so.

:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:58 am 

Off to the range to see just how fun the new toy is to shoot.

:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:15 pm 
On time out

I'll listen to how it goes; I like the look of that revolver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:20 pm 

Well, I went to the range twice in the last week and have now put 200 rounds through the 638. I am more convinced than ever that the airweight .38's are a good choice for carry. I got lucky and bought one that shoots POA=POI out to about 15 yards, and at 20 yards from the bench I was a few inches right.

It is light, easy to carry, and rather easy to shoot well out to 10 yards. Past 10 yards I was able to shoot just fine single-action, but shooting double-action (especially shooting fast) out at 10-15 yards is where the accuracy really drops off for me. Rapid fire from 7-10 yards was great, and nice little 3-4" groups were the norm.

It functioned flawlessly with no binding or difficult extraction of empty cases.

Mine likes the Winchester white-box 100 pack range ammo, as well as the Winchester +P personal defense hollow points. I also like that they both shoot to the same point of impact, which will allow for inexpensive practice until I buy some .357/.38 dies.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.