Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 BUG decision 
 Post subject: Re: BUG decision
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:29 pm 

I would stay away from the Kel-Tec P11. I have one and it has been nothing but trouble. Latest issue is failing to eject with different types of ammo (blazer 9mm and S&B 9mm). Gunsmith could fix it I expect but I'm considering getting rid of it and getting something better. Very disappointing gun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
I'll throw out what may be an uncommon suggestion - Consider a PA63. You are talking about a back up gun, how about an alloy frame of very slim proportions, low entry fee, fixed barrel accuracy . .. It isn't a Makarov, but it is a bunch less weight than a Mak too.

That is my usual choice, either for BUG or for light clothing carry. Too bad I lost mine in a tragic boating accident.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 pm 

chunkstyle wrote:
Macx wrote:
I'll throw out what may be an uncommon suggestion - Consider a PA63. You are talking about a back up gun, how about an alloy frame of very slim proportions, low entry fee, fixed barrel accuracy . .. It isn't a Makarov, but it is a bunch less weight than a Mak too.

That is my usual choice, either for BUG or for light clothing carry. Too bad I lost mine in a tragic boating accident.

I HATE when that happens. Happened to me 3 times already... sure hope it doesn't happen next week on the trip "up north"

MM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.