Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Replacing sights on a Glock 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

toelessJoe wrote:
I have also put off sending in the slide for my Glock 23 for night sites as I don't want to be without my only handgun...

Cheers.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a G22 to go with your G23. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sending in your slide to whom? There are several shops/gunsmiths in the area that would put on sights while you wait. If you want some suggestions, search for gunsmith and you should find several good names.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:45 am 

Moby Clarke - the long version:

I shoot at the Bnvl Pistol Range and about a month ago I started talking to one of the guys that works there part time. He also had a Glock 23. I mentioned that I've had the gun for nearly two years and I want to find a Glock armorer and have it inspected, cleaned and then have the sights replaced. He said he was a Glock armorer and could do that for me and he suggested that I get the OEM Glock night sights and not the Meprolight or Trijicon.

He showed me his Glock sights and explained that they have a white ring around them and are better than the other two for daylight/range shooting. Had I know that, I would have just purchased the Glock with them, instead I just assumed I would upgrade to the Trijicon or Meprolights in the future.

He would send the slide to Glock for the sights while he did his thing with cleaning and inspection.

He seemed like a great guy and later came out to the line and gave me some pointers on my grip, etc. and when I left I got his card and a pamphlet of the classes he teaches and it did say Glcok Certified Armorer.

Last edited by toelessJoe on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:19 am 
Longtime Regular

It sounds like you met DonL, a contributer to this forum!
You hit the jackpot there :wink:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 am 

Selurcspi wrote:
It sounds like you met DonL, a contributer to this forum!
You hit the jackpot there :wink:

+1 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Sounds real similar to the first conversation I ever had with Don. Don't hesitate, he's one of the good ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 pm 
Journeyman Member

Very True Don is an awesome person he helped my wife shoot better than me :evil:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.