Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 I need some help with revolvers. 
 Post subject: I need some help with revolvers.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

As some of you may know, I have had my new (to me) model 36 expropriated by my significant other. My mom came by the other day and, naturally, got a demonstration. She looked at it, held it, and said "Can you find me one like that?" Damn that Smith. It's infectious.

I looked around the usual online suspects, but model 36 with 3-inch barrels is not that common and not as cheap as she'd like. She does not want a shorter barrel.

I did find an inexpensive 3-inch model 10, but it being a larger frame she is concerned about weight.

As a result of all that I have two questions. One, is a K frame really that much heavier? Two, what other inexpensive 3-inch revolvers are there? Most seem to be either 2 inch or 4 inch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm 

I love my Ruger SP101 .357 with a 3" barrel. You could find a Taurus with that length as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:13 am 
Longtime Regular

You can find Model 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 with 2, 3 and 4 inch barrels. Check Shotgun News they always have good prices and check http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html and give them a call and tell them you looking for something like this.

I have a Model 15-4 with a 4 inch barrel I picked up for $220 at Gander Mountain.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.