Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Firearm choices for a small woman 
 Post subject: Re: What gun is best??
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Wise words, Ben!

BB Guns wrote:
I get asked that a lot. and see it all the time on the posts; "What gun should I get?" Every one will have a gun they like best.... But you need to remember, that all hands are not the same, The gun that you buddy likes may not be the best gun for you or your wife (girlfriend) The best thing you can do is have her shoot a lot of different guns... Go to the range and look at other shooters guns and see if you can try them or go to Bill's and rent different guns..... Then let HER pick the gun that she can shoot the best! The key to this is not what your friends like or you like, it comes down to the gun that SHE will like! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks!!! :D

It is up to her at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:23 am 

Grayskys -

I just bought my wife a Bersa Thunder .380. She fired one at Bill's Gun Carnival a couple weeks ago and liked it, so I got her one. They're cheap, have a lifetime warranty, and I've never heard anyone say a bad word about them. Perhaps this would be an option for Kay as well.

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:54 am 

Everyone seems to be on the same page as far as what fits our hands, etc. My top shooter is a female ex Marine. She's 5'5" and about 120, and her carry choice is a Glock 26. She shoots some compitition with the 26, but the 19 is a bit more controllable. In the classes I've attended at Gunsite or TR, most of the female students used a G19. A few had stovepipe problems because of limp-wristing. Guns are a big investment-shoot a bunch of different stuff if you can, before she buys one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
My top shooter is a female ex Marine.

[picking nits]

No such thing as an "ex Marine"...

[/picking nits]

:wink:

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:36 am 

Bought my wife a glock 26 for a present. She couldn't rack the slide. She has weak hands I guess.
She uses the Ruger .45. She can pull that back and shoots it well.
I picked up a Berreta with a tip up barrel. That way she can put the cartrigs in the barrel and not worry about that dam slide. They make a .22, .32, maybe a .380?
Works good for this particular problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

oscarswanson wrote:
Bought my wife a glock 26 for a present. She couldn't rack the slide.

Gila Hayes wrote:
The most common complaints I hear from female students about their semi-automatic pistols are these: “I can’t lock the action open,” and ”The spring is so stiff that I can’t rack the slide.”

As an instructor and gun writer, I sympathize with these shooters! I’ve certainly worked with guns that challenged my strength when it was time to manually cycle the slide. Fortunately, there are several time-proven solutions.
- http://www.detonicsusa.com/article.html

Pax wrote:
There is no such thing as a healthy adult woman who cannot retract the slide of a semi-automatic handgun.

If yours can't, it's because no one has ever shown her the correct technique. Get her to a class.
- http://www.corneredcat.com/ForMen/BuyForWife.htm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.