Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sig P238? Any experience with these? 
 Post subject: Sig P238? Any experience with these?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Anyone have any experience with the new Sig P238? Basically a .380 in 1911 format, the size of a P3AT or LCP but with an aluminum frame on which the grip is barely 1/4" longer then either of the above (and fits my hand REALLY NICELY!) Additionally the trigger guard is just ever so slightly bigger then either of the above. Price is around $480.00 But it seems it is not offered in a parkerized finish like the P3AT (But they do offer 'Nitron' finish - which is the one I drooled over).

Mostly-

Post subject: Re: Sig P238? Any experience with these?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

I belong to SIGFORUM and here is a selection of threads about the P238:

Range Report
Barrel issue
Photo Thread
P238 Recall info
Colt Mustang magazines fit.
P238 size comparisons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:43 pm 
Journeyman Member

buddy has one, he is a Sig fanatic and this sweet little Baby Sig fits the hand well and we both enjoy shooting it. it put a big smile on my face. :D
we shot this and the lcp. the sig does not have as much of a 'snap' as the lcp does but the lcp fits in the pocket with a holster. the trigger is firm but smooth with less travel and reset distance then the lcp. quite accurate for such a little gun.
we ran a variety of ammo through it and the one it did not like was the remington hollow point 88gr. from walmart. it would not feed them reliably but he sent it in for the recall work and let them know about the feed issue.
We will be trying it this coming weekend and will see how it likes the variety of ammo now.
i know it might not be that much different then carrying the m&p which only has a trigger safety but then i don't have any experience with cocked and locked 1911 styles other than this p238 but with time could probably become comfortable carrying that way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 am 

I havn't personally had any trigger time with the P238 but I have held one and can say it is a comfortable little handgun to hold (again, I dont know how it shoots).

A good review can be found on youtube, by nutnfancy (I dont know y'alls views on him, but I think he is a pretty straight forward and non BS kinda guy.) If anything the video is a good rundown of the pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgrjCy58d0

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.