Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My favorites? 
 Post subject: My favorites?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:48 am 

My Walther P99 in 40 S&W with jacketed hollowpoints is my favorite. My Springfield XD 5" tactical in 45 GAP with jacketed hollowpoints (conceals nicely with a horizontal MOB holster but sux for driving) would be next. My SIG SP2340 in 357 SIG with jacketed hollowpoints. I only use my Glock 17 for the range and instruction, for me the grip angle is too steep and it does not point naturally.

Most of all, it has to go bang every time when I pull the trigger or it is a usless personal protection firearm.

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:32 am 
1911 tainted

Number one would have to be my Kimber PRO CDP. It has thousands of rounds through it, goes bang every time, and with 200 gr. Speer Gold Dot, deadly accurate. 8)

Number 2 is a toss up between a Rohrbaugh R9s, or a Kahr PM9 when clothing doesn't allow me to carry my Kimber.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: My favorites?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:52 am 

durbin6 wrote:
My Walther P99 in 40 S&W with jacketed hollowpoints is my favorite. My Springfield XD 5" tactical in 45 GAP with jacketed hollowpoints (conceals nicely with a horizontal MOB holster but sux for driving) would be next. My SIG SP2340 in 357 SIG with jacketed hollowpoints. I only use my Glock 17 for the range and instruction, for me the grip angle is too steep and it does not point naturally.

Most of all, it has to go bang every time when I pull the trigger or it is a usless personal protection firearm.

Hmm.

Another GAP shooter.

I really like my Glock 26, but my Glock 38 in .45 GAP is quickly becoming favored. Small frame of the Glock 19, but with the punch of a .45.

Post subject: GAP Rules
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 pm 

I like having the grip size of a 9mm with the same punch of a 45ACP. My XD was and still is out of the box accurate without any modifications other than the addition of night sights.

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:01 pm 
on probation

keith wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

Hmm.

Another GAP shooter.

I really like my Glock 26, but my Glock 38 in .45 GAP is quickly becoming favored. Small frame of the Glock 19, but with the punch of a .45.
My sig 229 .40 can punch out your Glock.45 :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:11 am 

I've grown quite fond of my Glock 23 .40S&W, but it took some getting used to. The SIG line of products seem to work best for me but they can get a little pricey. I would really like a 229DAK but I can't justify dropping $800. For everyday carry I still like the Smitty 642 best.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:41 pm 

lastgunshop wrote:
keith wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

Hmm.

Another GAP shooter.

But my 357 SIG can punch out your SIG 229!!! :lol:

Occam's Razor:
Visit us at www.ddht.us

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:45 pm 
on probation

durbin6 wrote:
lastgunshop wrote:
keith wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

Hmm.

Another GAP shooter.

NO NO NO I seen you shoot, the best place to be when YOU shoot is in front of you.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:03 pm 

lastgunshop wrote:
durbin6 wrote:
lastgunshop wrote:
keith wrote:
durbin6 wrote:

Hmm.

Another GAP shooter.

NO NO NO I seen you shoot, the best place to be when YOU shoot is in front of you.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it"s "back and to the left" :lol:

Occam's Razor:
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:00 pm 

Browning HP 9mm in it's standard format with a Commander style hammer.

Just a traditionalist I guess :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:22 am 

#1 Kimber,Ultra Carry II
#2 Glock 21
#3 Glock 19

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:51 am 
on probation

BB Guns wrote:
#1 Kimber,Ultra Carry II
#2 Glock 21
#3 Glock 19

:D :D :D :D :D :D
1. Sig-229 2. MAB-P15 3. Colt

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:15 pm 

lastgunshop
Excuse me Mister, what is a MAB-P15?
Is that a French antique that you can't get ammo for or something new?
Colt, which one M4, Walker :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:29 pm 
on probation

Agro500 wrote:
lastgunshop
It's the French 9mm 9x19 lots of ammo there. Colt DS 38 spec. :D I carry a M-16 A-2 in my SUV for the long shots. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Ribbitt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:46 am 

lastgunshop wrote:
Agro500 wrote:
lastgunshop
It's the French 9mm 9x19 lots of ammo there. Colt DS 38 spec. :D I carry a M-16 A-2 in my SUV for the long shots. :shock:

parlez vous français. Does it go Ribbit when you pull the trigger???? :twisted:

Occam's Razor:
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.